F: (304) 347-1746
J.D., Washington and Lee University School of Law (2015)
- Moot Court, National Team Member
- Moot Court Executive Board, Negotiation Administrator
B.A., magna cum laude, Political Science, Central Connecticut State University (2011)
- Golden Key International Honor Society
- District of Columbia
- Supreme Court of Appeals of West Virginia
- U.S. District Courts for the Northern and Southern Districts of West Virginia
Marc Mignault is a member of the Bowles Rice Litigation Department. Practicing from the firm's Charleston, West Virginia office, Marc focuses his practice primarily on insurance defense and related matters. He has defended clients berfore Circuit Courts, the Supreme Court of Appeals of West Virginia and the United States District Courts for the Northern and Southern Districts of West Virginia. He is also licensed to practice in the District of Columbia.
Marc's litigation experience is vast and varied, and includes representation of:
- Insurance companies in declaratory judgment actions in federal court
- Insurance agents in complex error and omission matters
- State agencies in first amendment, labor and employment, WPCA, and civil rights matters
- Employers in unemployment hearings
- Oil & Gas companies in complex litigation concerning trespass and business interruption claims against solution mining companies
Marc earned his law degree from the Washington and Lee University School of Law, where he was a Moot Court National Team Member; Moot Court Executive Board Negotiation Administrator; and a member of the Community Legal Practice Center, where he successfully argued on behalf of clients in family law matters and non-profit organizations. He also served as a member of the Southwest Virginia Innocence Project, a group whose mission is to free those innocent people who remain incarcerated.
For his undergraduate studies, Marc attended Central Connecticut State University, where he earned his degree, magna cum laude, in Political Science.
- March 18, 2020