F: (304) 347-1746
J.D., Washington and Lee University School of Law (2015)
- Moot Court, National Team Member
- Moot Court Executive Board, Negotiation Administrator
B.A., magna cum laude, Political Science, Central Connecticut State University (2011)
- Golden Key International Honor Society
- District of Columbia
- Supreme Court of Appeals of West Virginia
- U.S. District Courts for the Northern and Southern Districts of West Virginia
Marc Mignault is a member of the Bowles Rice Litigation Department and is leading the Bowles Rice Nuclear Energy Team. Marc focuses his practice on the potential for nuclear energy in West Virginia, energy litigation, business litigation, insurance defense, and related matters. He is a Super Lawyers ® Rising Star, recognized as a Top-Rated Business Litigation Attorney in West Virginia. Marc has represented clients before Circuit Courts, the Supreme Court of Appeals of West Virginia, and the United States District Courts for the Northern and Southern Districts of West Virginia. He is also licensed to practice in the District of Columbia.
Marc's litigation experience is vast and varied, and includes representation of:
- Large and small energy extraction, production, and transmission clients
- Oil & Gas companies in complex litigation concerning royalties, trespass, and business interruption claims
- Insurance companies in declaratory judgment actions in federal court
- Insurance agents in complex error and omission matters
- State agencies in first amendment, labor and employment, WPCA, and civil rights matters
- A national chain pharmacy in opioid litigation in various state and federal jurisdictions
- Property, energy, and agricultural organizations in drafting and submitting amicus curiae briefs on their behalf
- Employers in unemployment hearings
Marc earned his law degree from the Washington and Lee University School of Law, where he was a Moot Court National Team Member; Moot Court Executive Board Administrator; and a member of the Community Legal Practice Center, where he successfully argued on behalf of clients in family law matters and non-profit organizations. He also served as a member of the Southwest Virginia Innocence Project, a group whose mission is to free those innocent people who remain incarcerated.
For his undergraduate studies, Marc attended Central Connecticut State University, where he earned his degree, magna cum laude, in Political Science.
- Recognized as "Rising Star" in West Virginia by Super Lawyers ® (Business Litigation), 2021-present;
Presentations & Events
- Presentation: New Nuclear – What It Means and How West Virginia Can Benefit by Marc MignaultBowles Rice | Charleston, West Virginia, May 11, 2022