F: (304) 599-1308
J.D., West Virginia University College of Law (1999)
B.A., West Virginia University (1996)
- Supreme Court of Appeals of West Virginia
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit
- U.S. District Courts for the Northern and Southern Districts of West Virginia
Brock Malcolm is the leader of the Bowles Rice Health Care Practice Group. Prior to joining the firm, he served as Chief Operations Officer, In-house Legal Counsel and Privacy Officer for Community Care of West Virginia, Inc. (CCWV), a Federally Qualified Health Center with operations in eight West Virginia counties.
With experience unique to rural and community care, Brock brings a deep understanding of regional health issues to the team. He served on the Medical Subcommittee of the U.S. Attorney's Addiction Action Plan task force in connection with his role as a member of CCWV's Pain Management Committee. As former Chair for the Partners In Health Network, he worked toward a rational approach to health care delivery and access to essential health services in West Virginia's rural communities.
Brock is the primary author of the firm's West Virginia Health Care Law blog. He is also President of Healthy Harrison, a coalition of local health care and business leaders who work together with a common goal of measurably improving the health and wellness of the citizens of Harrison County, West Virginia.
Leader, Bowles Rice Health Care Practice Group
Presentations & Events
- Presentation: Discussion on Ethical Topics in Health Care by Brock MalcolmFamilyCare Health CentersCharleston, West Virginia, October 2, 2019
- Presentation: Everything You Ever Wanted to Know About HIPAA... But Were Afraid to Ask by Brock MalcolmFamilyCare Health CentersCharleston, West Virginia, October 2, 2019
- Presentation: #TimesUp - Dealing with Sexual Harassment in the Workplace by Ronda Harvey and Brock MalcolmWest Virginia Healthcare Human Resources AssociationDays Inn Hotel & Conference Center, Flatwoods, West Virginia, September 14, 2018
- Presentation: Active Shooter Emergency Plan by Brock MalcolmUnited Way of Harrison County, Clarksburg, West Virginia, September 12, 2018
- West Virginia Health Care Law, May 23, 2019
- West Virginia Health Care Law, May 3, 2019
- West Virginia Health Care Law, May 1, 2019
- West Virginia Health Care Law, April 5, 2019
- Labor and Employment Pains: Navigating the Relationship Between West Virginia's Safer Workplace Act and Medical Cannabis ActWest Virginia Health Care Law, March 29, 2019
- West Virginia Health Care Law, March 15, 2019
- West Virginia Health Care Law, March 5, 2019
- United Way of Harrison County (Board of Directors; 2019 Campaign Chair)
- Clarksburg Lions Club (2018 President)