The world of banking and financial services is evolving at lightning speed. Innovations in new technologies, virtual currencies, digital payment systems, lending services, and the overall regulatory landscape are fueling the FinTech (Financial Technology) revolution, creating a financial services market that is exceedingly more accessible, responsive and competitive than ever before.
Our FinTech team at Bowles Rice is built on the firm’s strong foundational practices in banking and financial services, tax, business and corporate law, government relations, cybersecurity and information privacy, and litigation. This multi-disciplined approach allows for effective and comprehensive representation across the board, adding significant value and efficiency to the benefit of our clients.
The Bowles Rice FinTech team provides a variety of services to both the development and acquisition/implementation sides of the FinTech market. Our bank and service-providing clients receive the benefit of Bowles Rice’s vast experience regarding:
- Acquisition, Implementation, and Licensing of Fintech Products and Platforms
- Corporate Governance
- Federal, State and Local Tax Matters
- Government Relations
- Payment Systems, Billing, and Money Transfer Agreements
- Privacy and Data Security
- Regulatory Compliance including Bank Secrecy Act / Anti-Money Laundering Requirements
- Risk Assessment and Data Breach Response
- Software Licensing
For our development and licensing clients, we focus on:
- Operational Agreements
- RegTech and Regulatory Compliance
- Sale of Fintech Products and Platforms
- Software Development and Licensing Agreements
- Third-party Relationships
Whether you are building the next universally adopted application or looking to acquire and implement one into your existing financial services business, members of our FinTech team practice from offices across our firm’s geographical footprint, positioning us to effectively assist clients throughout the Mid-Atlantic and surrounding regions.