F: (724) 514-8954
J.D., University of Cincinnati College of Law (2002)
- Dean's Honor List
B.A., cum laude, Edinboro University of Pennsylvania (1999)
- Ohio Supreme Court
- Supreme Court of Appeals of West Virginia
- Supreme Court of Pennsylvania
- U.S. District Courts for the Northern and Southern Districts of Ohio
- U.S. District Courts for the Northern and Southern Districts of West Virginia
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Pennsylvania
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit
Since 2003, Michael Proctor has advised businesses and individuals on restructuring, bankruptcy, workouts and other matters related to distressed assets, including guiding clients through the challenges presented by the 2008 recession and the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic. In the wake of the 2008 recession, Mike assisted clients in updating procedures to comply with new bankruptcy filing requirements. Mike is currently advising clients on a variety of challenges arising out of the COVID-19 pandemic related to business continuity and workforce retention, including a variety of programs available under the CARES Act and complimentary law and regulations.
Mike has developed a diverse practice throughout the region, with experience that includes litigating contractual disputes in the banking, insurance, real estate and construction industries; bankruptcy; commercial lease issues; preparing loan modification agreements; and advising clients on compliance with federal procurement regulations.
Mike’s litigation experience includes representing manufacturers in trade disputes with vendors and subcontractors; construction defect claims; litigating disputes related to sales of insurance policies; perfecting and defending mechanics' lien claims; and representing a university in a natural gas production dispute. He has also successfully defended lenders against claims that they improperly negotiated checks under Article 3 of the UCC and in lien priority disputes arising under the Article 9 of the UCC.
Mike has also assisted veterans on a pro bono basis in procurement of Veteran’s Administration benefits, and in serving as a VA fiduciary and Social Security representative payee.
Mike is licensed and practices throughout Pennsylvania, Ohio and West Virginia.
- Chair, Local Rules Advisory Committee, U.S. Bankruptcy Court for the Northern District of West Virginia
- Best Lawyers in America®, August 20, 2020
- August 15, 2019
- April 16, 2018
Articles & Alerts
- March 27, 2020
- "Will Banks Gamble on New Interactive Gaming Opportunities Available to Customers?" by Michael R. ProctorPennsylvania Banker, Quarter 1 | Volume 21.1 | 2019
- Bowles Rice e-Alert, February 12, 2019
- Washington County Bar Association
- Public Education & Relations Committee Member
- Ohio State Bar Association
- West Virginia State Bar Association
- Credit Abuse Resistance Education (CARE)
- North Strabane Township PA Municipal Authority (Board of Directors)