Over the years, Bowles Rice has represented clients in all phases of construction law and litigation. When disputes have arisen, we have represented our construction clients in arbitration, mediation and litigation in state and federal courts throughout the Appalachian Basin.
Our attorneys have experience with the full range of issues that traditionally arise in construction disputes, from delay and disruption issues to damage calculation issues to defects and claims for extra work issues to mechanics’ liens, stop notices, payment and performance bonds.
Bowles Rice lawyers are experienced with a wide scope of construction and design claims that can arise during and after construction. Among the matters we have handled successfully are disputes involving:
- Claims for additional cost or time
- Mechanic’s liens
- Bankruptcy adversary proceedings
- Mediation and arbitration
- Litigation in state and federal courts involving jury and non-jury cases
- Professional negligence claims involving engineers, architects and geotechnical engineers
- Claims for negligence and construction defect, representing contractors, subcontractors, architects, engineers, sureties, owners and inspectors
Articles & Alerts
- Construction Destruction: How the Opioid Epidemic Infects and Impacts the West Virginia Construction Industry by Patrick C. TimonyWest Virginia Construction News, November/December 2018