Bowles Rice Attorneys Selected to Annual West Virginia Super Lawyers List
Charleston, West Virginia – Bowles Rice is pleased to announce the selection of 16 attorneys named to the 2020 West Virginia Super Lawyers list. The recognized lawyers practice across a wide range of areas, including energy and natural resources, banking, environmental law, business litigation, education law, construction litigation and employment law.
Super Lawyers selects only five percent of the lawyers in any state and awards their designation based on polling, peer assessment and a research process that evaluates candidates based on 12 benchmarks of peer recognition and professional achievement.
The Bowles Rice attorneys recognized this year practice in the firm’s Charleston, Parkersburg, Morgantown and Wheeling, West Virginia offices. They are:
- J. Mark Adkins – Business Litigation
- Lara R. Brandfass – “Rising Star” | General Litigation
- Julia A. Chincheck – Banking
- Roger D. Hanshaw – “Rising Star” | Environmental Litigation
- Ronda L. Harvey – Employment Litigation: Defense
- Thomas A. Heywood – Business/Corporate
- J. Thomas Lane – Energy & Resources
- Stuart A. McMillan – Business Litigation
- Sandra M. Murphy – Banking
- George A. Patterson, III – Energy & Resources
- Howard E. Seufer, Jr. – Schools & Education
- Kenneth E. Webb, Jr. – Business Litigation
- Michael C. Cardi – “Rising Star” | Business Litigation
- Julie R. Shank – “Rising Star” | Business Litigation
Charleston-based attorney Lara Brandfass and Parkersburg-based attorney Pamela Ferrell are being honored with the Super Lawyers designation for the first time. The “Rising Star” distinction is awarded to only 2.5 percent of attorneys who are age 40 or younger or have been in practice 10 years or fewer.
Bowles Rice is a full-service law firm with more than 115 attorneys serving clients from seven offices located in Charleston, Martinsburg, Morgantown, Parkersburg and Wheeling, West Virginia; Southpointe, Pennsylvania; and Winchester, Virginia.