The Bowles Rice Gaming Group offers a wide variety of legal services to a diverse and ever-evolving gaming industry. From traditional racetracks and casinos to online sports betting and limited video lottery retailers, our full-service team provides multidisciplinary counsel to national and international gaming clients throughout West Virginia, Ohio, Pennsylvania and Virginia. We also provide counsel to companies that do business with the gaming industry and must therefore comply with its complex regulatory structure, including government entities that utilize lottery proceeds.
Our gaming group includes attorneys with broad experience relative to the industry, including cybersecurity and information privacy; public financing and rebids; mergers and acquisitions; labor and employment; tax law; government relations; and more. Our attorneys are experienced in navigating the complex regulatory network of federal, state and local gaming laws.
- Representing racetracks and casinos in connection with approvals of financing transactions and acquisitions before the West Virginia Lottery Commission and the West Virginia Racing Commission
- Advising gaming entities on regulatory requirements and assisting gaming entities with licensure and structural changes
- Representing various management services providers and suppliers seeking licensure under West Virginia’s new sports wagering and iWagering platforms
- Providing advisory opinions to multi-national gaming entities regarding West Virginia’s legal and regulatory framework
- Providing government relations services to gaming entities seeking to influence gaming-related legislation pending in the W.Va. Legislature or proposed legislative rules going through West Virginia’s unique rule-making review process
Bowles Rice is a full-service law firm. For a detailed look at our capabilities, including many of the services complementary to our gaming practice, please refer to the "Related Practice Areas" section of this web page.