F: (304) 347-1746
J.D., West Virginia University College of Law (2017)
B.A., summa cum laude, Political Science, West Virginia University (2014)
- Supreme Court of Appeals of West Virginia
- U.S. District Courts for the Northern and Southern Districts of West Virginia
Josh Lanham works as an associate in the Bowles Rice Litigation Department. He practices in the firm's Charleston, West Virginia office and represents his clients’ interests in front of many adjudicatory bodies throughout the state, including administrative proceedings, arbitration proceedings, Magistrate Courts, Circuit Courts, the Supreme Court of Appeals of West Virginia and the United States District Court for the Southern District of West Virginia.
Josh focuses his practice on commercial litigation, financial services litigation, labor and employment litigation and insurance defense. He has successfully resolved matters for his clients through dispositive motions, favorable settlements and at trial.
In 2017, Josh earned his law degree from the West Virginia University College of Law, where he was a member of the Order of the Coif (a distinction given to the top ten percent of the graduating class), an associate editor of The West Virginia Law Review and a student attorney for the College’s General Legal Clinic. He received his bachelor's degree, summa cum laude, in political science from West Virginia University.
- Order of the Coif, West Virginia University College of Law
- Recipient of CALI Awards (recognition for achieving the highest grade in a particular subject) at West Virginia University College of Law:
- Constitutional Law
- Renewable Energy and Alternative Fuel Law
Articles & Alerts
- Recent Developments in ADA Website Accessibility Claims Against Financial Institutions by Floyd Boone, Zachary J. Rosencrance and Joshua A. LanhamThe Community Banker, Quarter 4 | 2018
- West Virginia Law Review, Volume 120, Issue 2, 2017
- Kanawha Pastoral Counseling Center (Board of Directors)
- Legal Aid of West Virginia (Volunteer)