F: (304) 343-3058
J.D., West Virginia University College of Law (2013)
- Secretary, West Virginia University Law School Class of 2013
B.S., summa cum laude, Journalism, West Virginia University (2010)
- Board of Governors, Student Government Association (2007-2008)
- Supreme Court of Appeals of West Virginia
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of West Virginia
Elizabeth Margolin Frame's practice encompasses a wide area of commercial and business law, including corporate, banking, health care, energy and financial services. In addition, she is a member of the firm's Government Relations and Medical Cannabis Teams.
As a member of the firm's Banking and Financial Services Practice Group, Elizabeth has assisted in regulatory and securities work, as well as mergers and acquisitions. More recently, Elizabeth has been involved in advising clients on issues regarding the CARES Act, Paycheck Protection Program and Small Business Administration Loan Relief.
In the area of health care, Elizabeth regularly consults with physicians on matters related to employment agreements and contract negotiation. She has presented to various groups of medical residents on topics related to physician employment contracts.
Elizabeth has assisted the firm's Energy Team with mineral title projects, as well as due diligence and mineral rights, and has been involved with mergers and acquisitions of major energy projects involving both coal and oil and gas clients.
As a member of the Bowles Rice Government Relations Team, she actively participates in organizations and associations on government and legislative issues.
Elizabeth is a member of the Board of Directors of the Girl Scouts of Black Diamond Council and a member of the board of Charleston Chapter of the Women for Economic and Leadership Development (WELD), and a past board member of Generation Charleston.
- Leadership West Virginia, Class of 2017
- Member, Bowles Rice Recruiting Committee
Successfully completed the following banking transactions:
- The acquisition of a Virginia bank holding company and its Virginia subsidiary bank having a presence in northern Virginia and Washington, D.C., with an approximate transaction value of $912 million;
The issuance of common stock in connection with private equity investment in a public client;
The acquisition of a privately held community bank headquartered in Washington, D.C., with an approximate transaction value of $269 million;
The sale of a West Virginia bank holding company and its West Virginia subsidiary bank having a presence in southwestern West Virginia and southwestern Virginia, with an approximate transaction value of $42.8 million;
The acquisition of a Virginia bank holding company and its Virginia subsidiary bank having a presence in northwestern Virginia, with an approximate transaction value of $21.8 million;
The sale of a West Virginia community bank in southern West Virginia, with an approximate transaction value of $7.4 million; and
The acquisition of a Virginia bank holding company and its Virginia subsidiary bank having a presence in the northern Virginia suburbs of Washington, D.C., with an approximate transaction value of $490.6 million.
- Recognized as "Ones to Watch" in 2021 by The Best Lawyers in America ® (Banking and Finance Law; Corporate Law)
- West Virginia University College of Law
- Recipient of CALI Awards (recognition for achieving the highest grade in a particular subject):
- Administrative Law
- Criminal Procedure
- Health Care Torts
- Nonprofit Organization
- Order of the Coif
- Recipient of American Bankruptcy Institute Medal of Excellence in Bankruptcy
- Mountain Honorary
- Best Lawyers in America®, August 20, 2020
- January 3, 2020
- January 18, 2017
Presentations & Events
- Elizabeth has presented to various groups of medical residents on topics related to physician employment contracts.
Articles & Alerts
- June 13, 2020
- April 14, 2020
- April 7, 2020
- April 2, 2020
- March 31, 2020
- West Virginia State Bar (Young Lawyers Section)
- Girls Scouts Black Diamond (Board of Directors)
- Women for Economic and Leadership Development (Steering Committee)