F: (304) 343-3058
J.D., West Virginia University College of Law (2015)
B.S., magna cum laude, Business Administration - Accounting, West Virginia University College of Business and Economics (2012)
- Supreme Court of Appeals of West Virginia
- U.S. District Courts for the Northern and Southern Districts of West Virginia
P. Corey Bonasso
Corey Bonasso focuses his practice on public finance, economic development and government relations. He works from the firm's Charleston, West Virginia office.
His experience with municipal bonds and public finance includes the issuance of tax-exempt bonds for governmental entities, institutions of higher education and medical facilities. Corey has served as an assistant to bond counsel, underwriter's counsel and disclosure counsel for a wide variety of public finance transactions. He has also assisted with tax-exempt financing for projects such as state roads, state parks, college and university facilities and various economic development initiatives, including tax increment financing (TIF) projects.
Corey also has experience assisting in a variety of bankruptcy matters as trustee counsel and creditors' counsel. On a related front, Corey has assisted in general corporate matters, including loan transactions, business entity formation and asset purchases.
For the 2020 and 2021 Regular Sessions of the West Virginia Legislature, Corey served as the per diem attorney for the Senate Finance and Senate Pension Committees. In this role, he drafted and presented proposed legislation; worked with industry experts regarding existing laws and proposed new laws; and advised the Chairman and Vice Chairman of the Senate Finance Committee, as well as the Senate Pension Committee, regarding proposed legislation.
- Per diem attorney for West Virginia Senate Finance and Senate Pension Committees, 2020 and 2021 Legislative Session
- Recognized by The Best Lawyers in America: Ones to Watch (Public Finance Law), 2022-present
- Recipient of CALI Award (recognition for achieving the highest grade in a particular subject) at West Virginia University College of Law:
- Legal Research and Writing
- Torts II
- National Association of Bond Lawyers