F: (304) 347-1746
- Law Clerk, The Honorable Thomas C. Evans, III of West Virginia's Fifth Judicial Circuit (2012-2015)
J.D., West Virginia University College of Law (2012)
B.A., magna cum laude, English and History, West Virginia University (2009)
- Supreme Court of Appeals of West Virginia
- U.S. District Courts for the Northern and Southern Districts of West Virginia
Lindsay M. Gainer focuses her practice primarily on labor and employment issues and related litigation. Working from the firm's Charleston, West Virginia office, she counsels employers throughout the state on a wide variety of matters. Lindsay is also experienced in pre-trial litigation and motion practice, including but not limited to, motions to dismiss, taking and defending depositions, removal, discovery motions, motions for summary judgment, and motions in limine.
Prior to joining Bowles Rice, Lindsay worked as an associate for a global labor and employment firm. Her experience includes assisting with discrimination claims; drafting, reviewing and revising employee handbooks; and providing general counsel on a host of workplace issues. She also has experience representing clients in construction, insurance and commercial litigation.
From 2012 to 2015, Lindsay served as a law clerk for the Honorable Thomas C. Evans, III of West Virginia's Fifth Judicial Circuit. In that capacity, she researched and briefed complex legal issues, reviewed proceedings and drafted case orders, prepared bench briefs and assisted with business court hearings and mediations.
- Recognized as "Ones to Watch" by The Best Lawyers in America ® (Litigation – Labor & Employment), 2021-present
Presentations & Events
- Presentation: COVID-19 Unmasked! Discussion of Challenges Facing Employers in Return to Work by Jennifer B. Hagedorn and Lindsay M. GainerWest Virginia Association of Orthopaedic Executives | 2022 Spring Break MeetingStonewall Resort, Roanoke, West Virginia, April 30, 2022
- Presentation: Federal Vaccine Mandates and What to Expect for Your Business by Jennifer B. Hagedorn and Lindsay M. GainerWest Virginia Hospitality & Travel AssociationWebinar, December 14, 2021
- Presentation: COVID-19 Employment Law Update by J. Tyler Mayhew and Lindsay M. GainerNorth Central West Virginia Society for Human Resource ManagementWebinar, September 8, 2021