F: (724) 514-8954
J.D., magna cum laude, Case Western Reserve University School of Law (1988)
B.A., Washington and Jefferson College (1985)
- Ohio Supreme Court
- Supreme Court of Pennsylvania
- Supreme Court of the United States
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Ohio
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Pennsylvania
An attorney with more than 30 years of experience, Brad Mellor focuses his practice on construction law, construction litigation and alternative dispute resolution. He is admitted to practice in Pennsylvania and Ohio, and works from the firm’s Southpointe, Pennsylvania office.
Brad serves as leader of the Bowles Rice Construction Law team. His wide range of experience in the construction industry includes contract preparation and negotiation, contract enforcement through litigation or arbitration and dispute avoidance and resolution. Brad advises clients through every phase of a construction project, from conceptual design and planning to project closeout and warranty claims.
He has worked on numerous projects ranging from major industrial and utility jobs to highway and bridge work, commercial buildings, schools, hospitals and residential construction. Brad has also assisted clients in a variety of real estate development issues. He has worked on projects, contracts and disputes in more than 20 states, Canada and Puerto Rico.
Brad’s areas of focus include:
- Electric power projects, including coal-fired, hydro and gas turbine
- Municipal water and wastewater projects
- Industrial projects, including steel mills and cement plants
- Commercial and hospitality projects
An arbitrator on the American Arbitration Association's Construction Mega Project Panel, Brad also handles industry mediations, both privately and through the U.S. District Court for the Western District of Pennsylvania.
- Leader, Bowles Rice Construction Law Team
- Best Lawyers in America®, August 20, 2020
- August 15, 2019
- June 18, 2018
Presentations & Events
- Presentation: Negotiating Damages in Construction Disputes by K. Bradley MellorConstruction Law: Advanced Issues and Answers | National Business Institute CLE SeminarCrowne Plaza Pittsburgh South, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, March 5, 2020
- Presentation: Ethics for Construction Attorneys by K. Bradley MellorConstruction Law: Advanced Issues and Answers | National Business Institute CLE SeminarCrowne Plaza Pittsburgh South, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, March 5, 2020
Views & Visions
- Allegheny County Bar Association
- Construction Law Section
- Pennsylvania Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- Forum on the Construction Industry
- Fidelity and Surety Law Committee
- Arbitrator, American Arbitration Association's Construction Mega Project Panel