F: (304) 347-1746
J.D., West Virginia University College of Law (2017)
B.A., cum laude, International Studies, West Virginia University (2014)
- Supreme Court of Appeals of West Virginia
- U.S. District Courts for the Northern and Southern Districts of West Virginia
Unaiza Tyree works as an associate in the Bowles Rice Litigation Department. She practices in the firm's Charleston, West Virginia office and represents her clients’ interests in front of many adjudicatory bodies throughout the state, including Magistrate Courts, Circuit Courts, the Supreme Court of Appeals of West Virginia and the United States District Courts for the Northern and Southern Districts of West Virginia.
Unaiza focuses her practice on commercial litigation, construction litigation and labor and employment litigation. She has secured wins for many clients by way of dispositive motions and favorable settlements.
In 2017, Unaiza earned her law degree from the West Virginia University College of Law, where she worked as a teaching assistant in Legal Research and Writing, participated in the school’s General Law Clinic and received honors in Refugee and Asylum Law. In 2014, she received her bachelor’s degree, cum laude, in international studies with a minor in environmental economics from West Virginia University's Honors College. She studied abroad in Paderno del Grappa, Italy, during the summer of 2011 as part of the Consortium of Universities for International Studies program.
A native of Charleston, Unaiza is also fluent in Urdu.
- Recipient of CALI Awards (recognition for achieving the highest grade in a particular subject) at West Virginia University College of Law:
- Refugee and Asylum Law
- April 30, 2018
Articles & Alerts
- Getting Paid: Navigating the Changing Landscape of Public-Private Partnerships by Patrick C. Timony and Unaiza Riaz TyreeWest Virginia Construction News, July/August 2020
- Defense Trial Counsel of West Virginia Newsletter, Fall 2017
- Member, Defense Trial Counsel of West Virginia
- Member, West Virginia Women Attorneys