F: (304) 347-1746
J.D., West Virginia University College of Law (2017)
B.A., cum laude, International Studies, West Virginia University (2014)
- Supreme Court of Appeals of West Virginia
- U.S. District Courts for the Northern and Southern Districts of West Virginia
Unaiza Tyree works as an associate in the Bowles Rice Litigation Department. She practices in the firm's Charleston, West Virginia office and represents her clients’ interests in front of many adjudicatory bodies throughout the state, including Magistrate Courts, Circuit Courts, the Supreme Court of Appeals of West Virginia and the United States District Courts for the Northern and Southern Districts of West Virginia.
Unaiza focuses her practice on commercial litigation, construction litigation and labor and employment litigation. She has secured wins for many clients by way of dispositive motions and favorable settlements.
A native of Charleston, Unaiza is also fluent in Urdu.
- Estate of Timothy Rush v. Danasdome, LLC d/b/a The Dome Bar & Grill, Circuit Court of Kanawha County, West Virginia, Civil Action No. 20-C-832, August 24, 2022 (granted complete dismissal of all claims on Motion for Summary Judgment after oral argument for Kuppel, LLC)
- Lisa Fields v. City Insurance Agency, Inc., Circuit Court of Mingo County, West Virginia, Civil Action No. 21-C-27, June 1, 2021 (granted dismissal on Motion to Dismiss after oral argument for City Insurance Agency, Inc.)
- Wilcox v. Williams, Circuit Court of Lewis County, West Virginia, Civil Action No. 17-C-53, January 17, 2019 (granted dismissal on Motion to Dismiss after oral argument for AFP Logs and Lumber, LLC with prejudice)
- Recipient of CALI Awards (recognition for achieving the highest grade in a particular subject) at West Virginia University College of Law:
- Refugee and Asylum Law
- April 30, 2018
Articles & Alerts
- Getting Paid: Navigating the Changing Landscape of Public-Private Partnerships by Patrick C. Timony and Unaiza Riaz TyreeWest Virginia Construction News, July/August 2020
- Defense Trial Counsel of West Virginia Newsletter, Fall 2017
- Member, Defense Trial Counsel of West Virginia
- Member, West Virginia Women Attorneys
- Board Member, Children's Therapy Clinic