F: (304) 285-2530
J.D., West Virginia University College of Law (2020)
M.A., Spanish, West Virginia University (2007)
B.A., Spanish / Latin American Literature, Smith College (2001)
- Supreme Court of Appeals of West Virginia
Leigh Anne Wilson is an associate in the firm’s Morgantown, West Virginia office. She is a former Bowles Rice summer clerk and has experience assisting attorneys across the firm on a host of matters, including drafting motions and briefs as well as performing extensive research. She is also a former National Board-Certified teacher and has taken her experience from the classroom to the courtroom.
A member of the Bowles Rice Education Law team, Leigh Anne focuses her work primarily on issues related to labor and employment and higher education. She has assisted in the defense of employers against claims for discrimination, harassment, wrongful discharge and retaliation, as well as claims brought under family and medical leave and disability accommodation laws. Her experience with federal and state statutes includes:
- The West Virginia Human Rights Act (WVHRA)
- The Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
- The Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA)
- The West Virginia Whistle-blower Law
- The West Virginia Medical Professional Liability Act (MPLA)
Leigh Anne is active in the firm's litigation practice, drafting litigation plans, deposition summaries, motions and case chronologies with specific focus in the area of higher education employment and medical malpractice.
Prior to joining the firm, Leigh Anne worked for 10 years as a National Board-Certified Spanish teacher, instructing students of all ages – from kindergarteners to adults – at multiple levels. She is fluent in the language. From her experience in education, Leigh Anne brings an ability to summarize and condense complicated information and deliver it in a concise way for fellow attorneys and clients. Her transition from education to education law has been seamless.
- Recipient of CALI Award (recognition for achieving the highest grade in a particular subject) at West Virginia University College of Law:
- Immigration Law
- February 11, 2021
- October 30, 2020
Articles & Alerts
- Bowles Rice Education Law Group eAlertNovember 4, 2021
- State of Affairs, May 19, 2021
- Monongalia County Bar Association
- National School Boards Association Council of School Attorneys