F: (304) 420-5587
J.D., West Virginia University College of Law (1981)
B.A., magna cum laude, West Virginia University (1978)
- Supreme Court of Appeals of West Virginia
- U.S. District Courts for the Northern and Southern Districts of West Virginia
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit
Steven Hardman concentrates his practice in the areas of commercial, corporate and real estate law. He was named southern West Virginia's Real Estate Law "Lawyer of the Year" by Best Lawyers for 2022.
Steve has served as counsel to numerous banks and businesses, and has been involved in significant commercial and real estate transactions in the Parkersburg area and throughout the State. He also has significant experience in civil litigation, particularly product liability, and now handles limited selected litigation in real estate or commercial matters.
Additionally, Steve has more than 30 years of oil and gas title experience, working in numerous counties in West Virginia. He has significant experience in identifying and correcting title defects in order to allow the purchase, lease and production of properties.
Steve and his wife Terry met in college, and have been married for 40 years. They are the parents of three children; both of their sons are medical doctors, and their daughter has recently completed her Ph.D. They are also the proud grandparents of five grandchildren.
- West Virginia University at Parkersburg Board of Governors (2016-present); Board Chair (2021-2023)
- Adjunct Faculty, West Virginia University at Parkersburg (2010-2015)
- City Attorney, Town of North Hills (1991-2017)
- Best Lawyers in America®, August 20, 2020
- April 21, 2020
- August 15, 2019
- Wood County Bar Association (Member; Treasurer 2001-2010)