F: (724) 514-8954
J.D., The George Washington University Law School (1985)
B.A., West Virginia University (1982)
- Supreme Court of Pennsylvania
- Supreme Court of the United States
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Third District
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Pennsylvania
- U.S. Tax Court
Scott Zegeer is a well-established tax attorney whose practice largely focuses on Pennsylvania commercial and residential real estate tax assessment appeals. To date, he has handled over 2,500 such appeals in counties throughout Western Pennsylvania, including Allegheny, Blair, Butler, Greene, Indiana, Lawrence, Warren, Washington and Westmoreland Counties. Scott practices from the firm's Southpointe office in Canonsburg, Pennsylvania.
In addition to his tax assessment appeals work, Scott is experienced in all areas of federal income tax, including individual, corporate, estate income and other forms of tax audits; state and local taxation, including individual, corporate and inheritance tax; and property tax appeals. He has represented clients in U.S. Tax Court; U.S. District Courts; the U.S. District Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit; Pennsylvania's Board of Appeals and Board of Finance and Revenue; and in the Commonwealth and Superior Courts.
Scott also has experience in federal and state nonprofit tax law as well as mergers and acquisitions, specifically as they pertain to tax-free and taxable reorganizations.
- December 10, 2021
Presentations & Events
- Presentation: Progress and Pitfalls of the West Virginia Property Tax Appeal Process by Floyd McKinley Sayre and M. Scott Zegeer2023 Annual Meeting: West Virginia Society of Certified Public AccountantsThe Greenbrier, White Sulphur Springs, West Virginia, June 14, 2023
- Allegheny County Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- Pennsylvania Bar Association