F: (304) 420-5587
J.D., West Virginia University College of Law (2012)
- Member, Moot Court Board
B.S., Business Administration, The Ohio State University (2008)
- National Buckeye Plus Scholarship
- Buckeye Community Scholarship
- Supreme Court of Appeals of West Virginia
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of West Virginia
Ryan Kent is an attorney practicing in the firm’s Parkersburg, West Virginia office. He concentrates his practice in the areas of energy, commercial, corporate and real estate law. He has experience in mineral and real estate title examination, commercial loan transactions, business formation, asset purchase transactions, purchase and sale transactions, the drafting and review of contracts and other agreements, and other general commercial, real estate and business matters.
Ryan has significant experience in issuing certified drilling title opinions for oil and gas exploration and production companies working in the Marcellus and Utica shale plays in West Virginia. He regularly counsels various oil and gas clients on transaction matters as they relate to title issues, including matters with regard to the interpretation of contracts, oil and gas leases, assignments, deeds, wills and other oil and gas related agreements and instruments. Ryan also has conducted title abstracting in numerous courthouse record rooms in West Virginia.
Ryan earned his law degree from the West Virginia University College of Law in 2012, where he was a member of the Moot Court Board, a co-curricular organization designed to recognize and reward students for their oral and written appellate advocacy skills. He is admitted to practice in West Virginia and before the United States District Court for the Southern District of West Virginia.
- Performed oil, gas and mineral title examinations; conducted training for the preparation of title opinions; and prepared and reviewed complex certified drilling title opinions for a variety of energy clients
- City Attorney, Town of North Hills (2017-present)
- Recipient of Pre-Trial Litigation CALI Award (recognition for achieving the highest grade in a particular subject) at West Virginia University College of Law
- January 2, 2019
- March 10, 2015
- West Virginia State Bar
- Wood County Bar Association
- Energy & Mineral Law Foundation
- West Virginia Oil and Natural Gas Association
- Ohio Oil and Gas Association
- Generation Mid-Ohio Valley (Board Member)
- Chamber of Commerce of the Mid-Ohio Valley