F: (304) 420-5587
J.D., West Virginia University College of Law (2012)
- Member, Moot Court Board
B.S., Business Administration, The Ohio State University (2008)
- National Buckeye Plus Scholarship
- Buckeye Community Scholarship
- Supreme Court of Appeals of West Virginia
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of West Virginia
Ryan Kent is an attorney practicing in the firm’s Parkersburg, West Virginia office. As part of Bowles Rice’s Ohio Valley Energy Law Group, he focuses his practice on energy law, oil and natural gas law, and real estate law, with experience in general representation, business formation and commercial transactions.
Ryan is actively involved in issuing certified drilling title opinions for oil and gas exploration and production companies working in the Marcellus Shale and Utica Shale plays in West Virginia. He regularly counsels various energy, oil, gas and mineral-related clients on transaction matters as they relate to title issues, including matters with regard to the interpretation of contracts, wills, deeds, oil and gas leases, assignments, and other oil and gas related agreements and instruments. Ryan also has conducted title abstracting in various courthouse record rooms in West Virginia.
Ryan earned his law degree from the West Virginia University College of Law in 2012, where he was a member of the Moot Court Board, a co-curricular organization designed to recognize and reward students for their oral and written appellate advocacy skills. He is admitted to practice in West Virginia and before the United States District Court for the Southern District of West Virginia.
- Performed oil, gas and mineral title examinations; conducted training for the preparation of title opinions; and prepared and reviewed complex certified drilling title opinions for a variety of energy clients
- City Attorney, Town of North Hills (2017-present)
- Recipient of Pre-Trial Litigation CALI Award (recognition for achieving the highest grade in a particular subject) at West Virginia University College of Law
- January 2, 2019
- March 10, 2015
- West Virginia State Bar
- Wood County Bar Association
- Energy & Mineral Law Foundation
- West Virginia Oil and Natural Gas Association
- Generation Mid-Ohio Valley (Board Member)
- Chamber of Commerce of the Mid-Ohio Valley