F: (304) 267-3822
J.D., cum laude, Duquesne University School of Law (2021)
- Executive Editor, Duquesne Law Review
- Member, Appellate Moot Court
B.A., magna cum laude, Elementary Education, Shepherd University (2018)
- Supreme Court of Appeals of West Virginia
Hannah N. French
Hannah French is an associate attorney in the firm’s Martinsburg, West Virginia office. She is a member of the firm’s Tax Team.
A former summer clerk for the firm, Hannah has experience working with many Bowles Rice attorneys across a broad range of practice groups. She served as an intern for Justice David N. Wecht of the Pennsylvania Supreme Court, where she drafted reports on criminal and civil cases and collaborated with law clerks on research for opinions. Hannah also interned with United States District Court Judge William S. Stickman IV of the Western District of Pennsylvania, where she wrote opinions and assisted law clerks.
Hannah earned her law degree, cum laude, from Duquesne University School of Law, where she was the Executive Editor of the school’s Law Review and a member of the Appellate Moot Court, the Family and Education Law and Health Law Societies, and the Student Bar Association. She has earned CALI Awards in Contracts, Health Care Law, Professional Responsibility and Sales, and was the recipient of the 1L Award for Outstanding Oral Argument. She earned her bachelor’s degree in Elementary Education, magna cum laude, from Shepherd University.
- Partners in Prevention Award (2023), presented by Berkeley and Jefferson County Partners in Prevention
- Recipient of CALI Awards (recognition for achieving the highest grade in a particular subject) at Duquesne University School of Law:
- Health Care Law
- Professional Responsibility
Presentations & Events
- Presentation: Blockchain Fundamentals: Cryptocurrency and NFTs by Hannah N. French and Kathryn A. GioiaDefense Trial Counsel of West VirginiaWebinar for Continuing Legal Education, February 22, 2023
- Presentation: Blockchain Fundamentals: Cryptocurrency and NFTs and How They Affect Me by Hannah N. French and Kathryn A. GioiaRotary Club of Charleston, West VirginiaKanawha County Public Library, Charleston, West Virginia, November 14, 2022
- Taxation with Representation, June 30, 2022
- Taxation with Representation, April 5, 2022
Jefferson County Community Ministries (Member, Board of Directors)
Berkeley County Teen Court (Judge)