F: (304) 285-2530
J.D., West Virginia University College of Law (2020)
M.A., Spanish, West Virginia University (2007)
B.A., Spanish / Latin American Literature, Smith College (2001)
- Supreme Court of Appeals of West Virginia
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of West Virginia
Leigh Anne Wilson is an attorney in the firm’s Morgantown, West Virginia office. A member of the Bowles Rice Education Law team, Leigh Anne focuses her work primarily on general litigation matters and K-12 and higher education issues. Leigh Anne regularly assists in the defense of corporate entities and associations against a multitude of civil claims. She has assisted in the defense of education employers against claims for discrimination, harassment, wrongful discharge and retaliation, as well as claims brought under family and medical leave and disability accommodation laws. Formerly a National Board-Certified teacher, Leigh Anne has taken her education experience from the classroom to the courtroom.
Prior to joining the firm, Leigh Anne taught for approximately 10 years as a Spanish teacher, instructing students of all ages – from kindergarteners to adults – at multiple levels. From her experience in education, Leigh Anne brings an ability to summarize and condense complicated information and deliver it in a concise way for fellow attorneys, judges, and clients. Leigh Anne takes pride in her responsiveness and availability to client communications and needs. Her transition from education to the Bowles Rice education law has been seamless.
- Has assisted in representation of insurance carriers, their insureds, and other defendants.
- Has assisted in representations of numerous employers in litigation and advising education employers.
Guest with WV State Teacher of the Year Amber Nichols on WVEduCast.
Presenter, Multiple Education Law Group Signature Series on pertinent school law topics.
Presenter, West Virginia School Board Association regional meetings.
- Recipient of CALI Award (recognition for achieving the highest grade in a particular subject) at West Virginia University College of Law:
- Immigration Law
- February 11, 2021
- October 30, 2020
Presentations & Events
- Presentation: First look: How Legislation from the 2022 Regular Session May Affect You and Your School District by Trey Morrone and Leigh Anne WilsonWest Virginia School Board Association Regional MeetingBridgeport Conference Center, Bridgeport, West Virginia, April 28, 2022
- Presentation: "Swallowing the Toad" and Other Tips for Attorney Success by Leigh Anne WilsonDefense Trial Counsel Young Lawyer Skills | CLE MeetingWest Virginia University College of Law, Morgantown, WV, March 17, 2022
Articles & Alerts
- Legalities, West Virginia School Board Association, November 2022
- Bowles Rice, November 4, 2021
- “Hey, those are mine!”- Collectability of a Decedent’s Future Social Security Benefits by Leigh Anne WilsonBoard & Administrator: LRP Publications, October 1, 2021
- State of Affairs, May 19, 2021
- Monongalia County Bar Association
- National School Boards Association Council of School Attorneys
- Defense Trial Counsel Young Lawyers
- Monongalia County Child Advocacy Center Board of Directors
Empty Bowls Monongalia Board of Directors