F: (304) 420-5587
J.D., West Virginia University College of Law (1981)
B.A., magna cum laude, West Virginia University (1978)
- Supreme Court of Appeals of West Virginia
- U.S. District Courts for the Northern and Southern Districts of West Virginia
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit
Steven Hardman concentrates his practice in the areas of oil and gas, commercial, corporate and real estate law. He also has significant experience in civil litigation, particularly product liability and the defense of mass torts litigation.
Steve has more than 30 years of oil and gas title experience, working in numerous counties in West Virginia. He has significant experience in identifying and correcting title defects in order to allow producers to drill properties. Steve also has been involved in oil and gas transactions of up to $100 million in value.
He has served as counsel to numerous banks and businesses, and has been involved in significant commercial transactions and commercial litigation. For more than 15 years, Steve has represented clients in matters before the West Virginia Public Service Commission, having generally represented five public service districts and a municipality in numerous matters.
- West Virginia University-Parkersburg Board of Governors (2015-present)
- Adjunct Faculty, West Virginia University
- City Attorney, Town of North Hills (1991-2017)
- Best Lawyers in America®, August 20, 2020
- April 21, 2020
- August 15, 2019
- Wood County Bar Association (Member; Treasurer 2001-2010)