Areas Of Concentration
The Bowles Rice Health Care Group emphasizes quality advice based on a thorough understanding of the law and our clients' mission, goals and objectives. Our approach is to solve problems for the client by offering alternatives and solutions that meet those goals and objectives. Our ability to solve client problems requires not only the skill to guide the client through a highly complex maze of laws and regulations, but also an understanding of the political, social and economic factors that often underlie health care policy. The members of our Health Care Group are well qualified to provide these insights to our health care clients.
Bowles Rice has a special commitment to assisting health care providers, representing hospitals, physicians and physicians groups, behavioral health providers, long-term care facilities and child welfare agencies. Our clients also include health maintenance organizations, other managed care organizations and third-party administrators.
We provide services to health care clients in the following areas:
- Disputes with Payors
- Licensing and Certification
- HIPAA and Health Privacy Laws
- Medical Staff Issues
- Fraud and Abuse/Stark/False Claims
- Certificate of Need
- Rate Setting
- Managed Care
- Strategic Positioning
- Health Care Contracting
- Advance Directives
- Acquisitions and Mergers
- Medical Malpractice/Risk Management
- Business Organization
- Risk Arrangements
- Informed Consent
- Health Care Litigation
- Affordable Care Act Compliance
In addition to the services of our Health Care Group, health care clients have direct access to all of the legal resources and services of our full-service firm, including litigation, labor and employment law, employee benefits and executive compensation, workers' compensation, real estate, tax, environmental law and government relations to meet the client's legal needs.
We are committed to staying abreast of breaking developments in the rapidly changing health care industry, and our lawyers belong to many industry-related groups, including:
- American Health Lawyers Association
- American Bar Association, Health Law Section
- West Virginia Hospital Association
- West Virginia Medical Group Management Association
- West Virginia Rural Health Association
- Healthcare Financial Management Association
Our attorneys regularly participate in and attend health law seminars and conferences.
Bowles Rice lawyers are recognized in the area of Health Care Law by the leading peer-review organizations, including Chambers USA, U.S. News & World Report’s 2018 Best Law Firms (which ranks Bowles Rice in its First Tier of West Virginia law firms), Best Lawyers in America and Super Lawyers.
Presentations & Events
- Presentation: The Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act and Beyond, Implications for Employers in Choosing Health Care Benefit Plans, by J. Fred Earley, IIWest Virginia Chamber of Commerce Human Resources 2017 ConferenceMarriott Town Center Hotel, Charleston, West Virginia, April 25, 2017
Articles & Alerts
Views & Visions
- Fall 2017
- Fall 2017
- Fall 2017
- Creating Tomorrow's WorkforceSpring 2013
- Fall 2009