Areas Of Concentration
Bowles Rice's Benefits Attorneys represent clients in a wide variety of matters relating to employee health and welfare, retirement and executive compensation plans. We counsel clients as they design, establish, maintain and terminate these plans, and we represent them in the context of mergers and acquisitions, IRS or DOL audits and litigation.
We regularly team with other professionals, including other lawyers, accountants and actuaries, to provide clients with complete and effective representation. Our Benefits Attorneys have decades of combined experience in employee benefits law, a unique accomplishment for a regional law firm. This allows us to provide valuable services comparable to those offered by the “big city” law firms clients typically turn to for employee benefits matters, but at much more competitive rates.
Articles & Alerts
- Action Needed Before Year-End: Retirement and Executive Compensation Plans May Need Updates to Comply with New DOL Disability Claims ProceduresBenefits Alert, October 18, 2017
- December 29, 2015
- Final Opportunity for Certain Individually Designed Retirement Plans to Obtain Favorable IRS Determination LetterEmployee Benefits AlertEmployee Benefits Alert, November 12, 2015
- "An Ounce of Prevention...Carefully Review Your New Retirement Plan Adoption Agreement Before Signing"Benefits Alert, November 7, 2014
- Benefits Alert, October 9, 2014
- Employment Law Alert, May 21, 2014
- Employment Law Alert, March 19, 2014
- Health Care Reform Alert, February 11, 2014
- Health Care Reform Alert, July 3, 2013