Related Practice Areas
- Business Litigation
- Certified Title Opinions
- Commercial Real Estate
- Construction Law
- Construction Litigation
- Economic Development
- Environmental and Regulatory Law
- Government Relations
- Land Use and Development
- Oil & Gas Litigation
- Property Tax
- Residential Real Estate
- Washington Co. (PA) Property Tax Reassessments
Our work on behalf of clients in real estate-related matters includes both complex and simple purchase and sale transactions and related financing arrangements; land use planning and zoning approvals; environmental impact issues, advice in the administration of homeowner and condominium associations; litigation matters involving real estate or mineral lease and contract preparation; and title examinations.
Bowles Rice attorneys have negotiated and drafted documents relating to the construction, management, financing and operation of real estate projects, including grading and other improvement contracts, contracts with architects, engineers and other consultants; contracts with governmental agencies concerning the entitlement and improvement of projects; agreements with covenants, conditions and restrictions, easement agreements and management agreements.
We have extensive litigation experience in state and federal courts, regulatory agencies, and commercial arbitration, litigating issues such as condemnation, right-of-way and contract disputes.
Our clients include:
- Commercial developers
- Financial institutions
- Institutional and private investors
- Public-private partnerships
- Real estate service providers
- Commercial retail interests
- Real estate brokers and property managers
- Developers of natural gas, oil and mineral properties
- Property owners associations
- Landlords and tenants
As projects and client needs require, we also draw upon the experience of our attorneys practicing in construction law, tax, business and corporate, labor and employment, environmental matters, and governmental relations.
Bowles Rice has been recognized with a prestigious Band 1 ranking by Chambers USA in the area of Real Estate as well as a Metropolitan Tier 1 ranking by Best Lawyers/U.S. News & World Report’s Best Law Firms for real estate law.
Articles & Alerts
- Banking Alert, January 9, 2015
- Oil & Gas Alert, May 9, 2014
- Litigation Alert, April 22, 2014
- "Multi-State Review of Real Estate Tax Sales and Tax Deeds: The Effect of Tax Deeds on Oil and Gas Leases and Easements in Kentucky, New York, Ohio, Pennsylvania and West Virginia," by Britt Freund and Alaina R. Hill35 Energy & Min. L. Inst. § 20.05Energy & Mineral Law Foundation White Paper, 2014
- "Carbon Sequestration: Critical Property Rights and Legal Liabilities - Real Impediments or Red Herrings?," by Britt Freund32 Energy & Min. L. Inst. §23, 2011
- Banking Alert, 2010