F: (724) 514-8954
J.D., University of Cincinnati College of Law (2002)
- Dean's Honor List
B.A., cum laude, Edinboro University of Pennsylvania (1999)
- Ohio Supreme Court
- Supreme Court of Appeals of West Virginia
- Supreme Court of Pennsylvania
- U.S. District Courts for the Northern and Southern Districts of Ohio
- U.S. District Courts for the Northern and Southern Districts of West Virginia
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Pennsylvania
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit
Michael Proctor joined the Bowles Rice Litigation Team in April of 2018. Mike’s practice is evenly divided between commercial litigation and representing lenders in all aspects of their loan portfolios.
As counsel to lenders of all sizes, Mike has substantial experience in loan document drafting, modification of loans and negotiating solutions to resolve distressed loan relationships, including handling workouts and bankruptcy. This experience includes issuing lender opinion letters and drafting loan modification agreements. Mike’s bankruptcy experience includes handling preferential transfer litigation and nondischargeability claims as well as 363 sales and post-petition financing arrangements.
Mike’s litigation experience includes representing manufacturers in trade disputes with vendors, litigating disputes related to sales of insurance policies, handling mechanics' lien disputes and representing a university in a natural gas production dispute. Mike has also successfully defended lenders against claims that they improperly negotiated checks under Article 3 of the UCC and in lien priority disputes arising under the Article 9 of the UCC.
He works from the firm’s Southpointe, Pennsylvania office and is admitted to practice in Pennsylvania, West Virginia and Ohio.
- Chair, Local Rules Advisory Committee, U.S. Bankruptcy Court for the Northern District of West Virginia
- Recognized as a Rising Star in West Virginia by Super Lawyers (2013 - 2017)
- April 16, 2018
- Washington County Bar Association
- Ohio State Bar Association
- West Virginia State Bar Association
- Credit Abuse Resistance Education (CARE)