F: (304) 420-5587
- Extra-Contractual / Bad Faith and Coverage Litigation
- Business Litigation
- Construction Litigation
- Health Care Litigation
- Medical Malpractice Defense
- Product Liability Defense
- Financial Services Litigation
- Oil & Gas Litigation
- Education Law
- Estate and Trust Litigation
- Insurance Defense
- Labor and Employment
- Law Clerk, The Honorable Jeffrey B. Reed, Fourth Judicial Circuit, Wood County (2002-2004)
J.D., West Virginia University College of Law (2002)
- National Moot Court Team
- Marilyn E. Lugar Trial Association
B.A., History, The College of William and Mary (1998)
- Supreme Court of Appeals of West Virginia
- U.S. District Courts for the Northern and Southern Districts of West Virginia
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit
Aaron Boone is a seasoned litigator who concentrates his practice in the areas of extra-contractual/insurance defense, business litigation, and trust & estate litigation. He leads the firm's Insurance Defense Group.
- December 2017, Elected to the Board of Governors of the West Virginia State Bar, representing the Third District (Wood, Wirt, Ritchie, Calhoun and Gilmer Counties)
Author, West Virginia section of Defense Research Institute’s 2015 State by State Insurance Bad Faith Law Compendium
- Joined Bowles Rice in December 2005, as trial attorney; elected Partner December 2010
- Private practice: criminal defense, family law, abuse and neglect matters (2004-2005)
Defense of Insurance Carriers for Claims of Bad Faith: Defend Insurance Carriers, including Fortune 500 companies, against Bad Faith claims filed under the West Virginia Unfair Trade Practices Act (UTPA). Provide coverage analysis to insurance companies, and litigate coverage actions.
Business Litigation: Lead attorney on numerous business litigation matters including mergers & acquisition litigation for Fortune 500 company, dissolution of corporation for West Virginia business, claims under West Virginia Consumer Credit & Protection Act (WVCCPA), claims under West Virginia Fair Debt Collection Practices Act (WVFDPA), temporary restraining orders, preliminary and permanent injunctions and defending property damage claims for major telecommunications company.
Defense of Personal Injury/Liability Claims: Served as lead attorney in nearly 150 personal injury/liability claims involving myriad medical injuries including soft tissue injuries, neurological diseases, orthopedic injuries, psychiatric trauma, pulmonary disease and cardiac disease.
Employer Liability Litigation: Lead attorney defending businesses and municipalities in claims involving West Virginia Human Rights Act, West Virginia Wage Payment Act, Hostile Work Environment Claims, and Workplace Discrimination Claims. Represented companies pursuing violations of Employee Non-Compete Agreements.
Trust & Estate Litigation: Served as lead attorney on numerous trust and estate litigation matters including challenges to estate planning documents such as trust or will contests; allegations of fraud, incapacity, and breach of fiduciary duty; and interpretation of trust provisions.
Defense of Governmental Entities: Served as lead attorney in claims filed against political subdivisions under the West Virginia Governmental Tort Immunities Act; represents municipalities and county boards of education.
Defense of Medical Malpractice Claims: Served as counsel in medical malpractice actions filed under the West Virginia Medical Professional Liability Act.
Construction Litigation: Served as counsel on numerous construction defect litigation matters and eminent domain proceedings. Primary counsel on multimillion dollar bond claim for local regional airport.
Defense of Trucking Companies: Served as lead attorney in claims involving violations of Federal Motor Carrier Safety Regulations.
General Counsel to assisted living facility based in Parkersburg, West Virginia. Recently successfully concluded litigation for another assisted living facility based in Parkersburg, West Virginia.
Former Court Appointed Defense Counsel: From September 2004 through December 2005, represented countless criminal defendants, juvenile delinquents, and abuse and neglect clients.
Trial Experience: Approximately 40 matters to verdict.
Presentations & Events
- Aaron has presented seminars to the West Virginia Manufacturers Association (attorney client privilege and discovery of protected materials); National Business Institute (effective use of medical records in posturing cases for mediation); and Mid Ohio Valley Chamber of Commerce & Lions Club of Parkersburg (understanding West Virginia’s Business Court).
Articles & Alerts
- April 1, 2016
- February 3, 2016
- Insurance Defense E-alert, July 7, 2015
- "DRI's Insurance Bad Faith: A Compendium of State Law," 2015 - West Virginia Section, by Aaron C. Boone, Ashley Hardesty Odell and Evan R. Kime
- "West Virginia Supreme Court Finds That Coverage Opinions and Seminars Materials Prepared by Outside Counsel are Protected by Attorney Client Privilege"Litigation Alert, June 5, 2014
- West Virginia State Bar, Board of Governors, 3rd District
- Wood County Bar Association
- Defense Research Institute
- Defense Trial Counsel of West Virginia
- Claims and Litigation Management Alliance
- Wood County Bar Association (Treasurer, Past President)
- Parkersburg Fireman's Civil Service Commission (President, 2004-2015)