When professionals are at risk in litigation, Bowles Rice has experienced lawyers who understand the unique challenges and issues presented by such claims.
Bowles Rice lawyers regularly advise and represent individuals and entities in the following fields:
- Health care, including physicians and other licensed practitioners, as well as hospitals and other health care institutions
- Attorneys and law firms
- Accountants and accounting firms
- Architects and architecture firms
- Engineers and engineering firms
- Insurance agents and brokers
- Real estate agents and brokers
Our experienced lawyers provide services ranging from legal advice and risk management to representation at civil jury trials and appeals in state and federal court, as well as during mediation and arbitration. Our attorneys understand the implications and work to limit the impact of professional liability claims on our clients’ licenses, privileges and certifications. Professional malpractice claims are unique because such claims are generally dependent upon the establishment of “standard of care” requirements and also usually present complex issues, including proximate cause and “cases within cases.”
Bowles Rice has defended more than 150 lawyers in West Virginia and surrounding states who have been sued by their clients or by others related to the practice of law. The firm is panel counsel for DPIC, TIG and ALPS, and has been retained by many other carriers, including CNA and The Home, to defend these claims.
Presentations & Events
- Presentation: So You Think That There Are No Gaps In Your Legal Malpractice Coverage? Think Again!, by Gerard R. StowersWest Virginia Continuing Legal Education SeminarBig Sandy Superstore Arena, Huntington, West Virginia (June 11, 2015), and Morgantown, West Virginia (October 14, 2015)