F: (304) 599-1308
J.D., West Virginia University College of Law (2012)
- Order of the Barristers
- Associate Chief Justice of Appellate Advocacy, Moot Court Board
- Student Attorney for the WVU College of Law Land Use and Sustainable Development Legal Clinic (2011-2012)
B.S.B.A., magna cum laude, Accounting, West Virginia University (2009)
- Kappa Kappa Gamma
- Supreme Court of Appeals of West Virginia
- U.S. District Court for the Northern and Southern Districts of West Virginia
Kayla Cook focuses her practice in energy law and real estate law, with an emphasis in residential sales, commercial leasing and outdoor advertisements, including the permitting of changeable message signs and static billboards. She also assists institutions of higher education in Title IX policy review, compliance and investigation.
Kayla provides guidance and counsel to clients in matters related to corporate formation, business structuring and personnel matters. She has conducted numerous workplace investigations involving harassment, sexual harassment and discrimination.
Kayla is a 2018 Pathfinder for the Leadership Council on Legal Diversity (LCLD) and a member of the Leadership Monongalia Class of 2017.
She is also a member of the Society for Human Resources, American Bar Association, Young Professional Women in Energy and the Energy and Mineral Law Foundation. In addition, she is a member of the firm's Recruiting Committee.
Kayla earned her law degree from the West Virginia University College of Law, where she was a member of the Order of the Barristers and served as the Associate Chief Justice of Appellate Advocacy for the Moot Court Board.
- Leadership Council on Legal Diversity (LCLD) Pathfinder, Class of 2018
- Member, Bowles Rice Recruiting Committee
- Leadership Monongalia, Class of 2017
Summer Clerk, The Honorable Russell M. Clawges, Jr., Seventeenth Judicial Circuit (2011)
- Intern for the Victim/Witness Assistance Program for the Monongalia County Prosecuting Attorney (2007-2008)
- West Virginia University College of Law, Order of Barristers
- West Virginia University College of Law, Associate Chief Justice of Appellate Advocacy, Moot Court Board
- February 13, 2018
- August 26, 2016
- October 26, 2012
Articles & Alerts
- West Virginia Banker, Spring 2018
- Leadership Council on Legal Diversity (LCLD)
- Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM)
- American Bar Association
- Young Professional Women in Energy (YPWE)
- Energy & Mineral Law Foundation (EMLF) Young Lawyers Committee
- Energy & Mineral Law Foundation
- United Way Emerging Leaders Advisory Committee
- United Way Campaign Coordinator
- WVU Medicine, Children's Gala Committee