F: (304) 599-1308
J.D., West Virginia University College of Law (2012)
- Order of the Barristers
- Associate Chief Justice of Appellate Advocacy, Moot Court Board
- Student Attorney for the WVU College of Law Land Use and Sustainable Development Legal Clinic (2011-2012)
B.S.B.A., magna cum laude, Accounting, West Virginia University (2009)
- Kappa Kappa Gamma
- Supreme Court of Appeals of West Virginia
- U.S. District Court for the Northern and Southern Districts of West Virginia
Kayla Cook focuses her practice in energy law and real estate law, with an emphasis in residential sales and commercial leasing. She also assists institutions of higher education in Title IX compliance, investigation and report drafting.
Kayla is a member of the American Bar Association, Young Professional Women in Energy and the Energy and Mineral Law Foundation.
She earned her law degree from the West Virginia University College of Law in 2012 where she was a member of the Order of the Barristers. Kayla was also Associate Chief Justice of Appellate Advocacy for the Moot Court Board.
- Leadership Mon, Class of 2017
Summer Clerk, The Honorable Russell M. Clawges, Jr., Seventeenth Judicial Circuit (2011)
- Intern for the Victim/Witness Assistance Program for the Monongalia County Prosecuting Attorney (2007-2008)
- West Virginia University College of Law Order of Barristers
- August 26, 2016
- October 26, 2012
- American Bar Association
- Young Professional Women in Energy (YPWE)
- Energy and Mineral Law Foundation
- United Way of Monongalia and Preston counties (Bowles Rice Campaign Coordinator; Emerging Leaders Advisory Committee)