F: (724) 514-8954
J.D., West Virginia University College of Law (1974)
- Case comment editor, The West Virginia Law Review
B.B.A., Business Administration, Kent State University (1971)
- Supreme Court of the United States
- Supreme Court of Pennsylvania
- Supreme Court of Appeals of West Virginia
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Pennsylvania
James McCune focuses his practice in real estate law, energy law, commercial lending, land use, and estate planning and probate. Jim leads the Washington County (PA) Property Tax Appeal Team at Bowles Rice. He is a lifelong resident of Washington County, a former Washington County Solicitor and a former solicitor for the Washington County Tax Revenue Department. He has represented many owners of commercial and industrial properties in tax assessment appeal litigation.
He is trustee and a former chairman of the Washington County (PA) Bar Foundation. He is a trustee and founding chairman of the Washington County Community Foundation, Inc.
Jim was named to Pennsylvania Super Lawyers (2004, 2006) and chosen among “Pittsburgh’s Top Rated Lawyers” 2015 edition in a publication of The Wall Street Journal and Pittsburgh Post-Gazette. He has also earned an AV preeminent peer-review rating by Martindale-Hubbell.
- Former president, Washington County (PA) Bar Association
- Former Chairman of Board of Trustees of the Washington County Bar Foundation
- Licensed title insurance agent, Fidelity National Title Insurance
- Peer-Review Rated AV by Martindale-Hubbell
- Ceisler Professionalism Award, presented by the Washington County Bar Association (2015)
- Chosen among "Pittsburgh's Top Rated Lawyers" 2015 edition, a publication of the Wall Street Journal and the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette
- Recipient, Washington County (PA) Bar Association Distinguished Service Award (2010)
- Named to Pennsylvania Super Lawyers (2004, 2006)
- September 22, 2014
- February 4, 2013
- July 23, 2012
Presentations & Events
- Presentation: What You Can Do if the Washington County Property Reassessment Raises Your Taxes, by James H. McCuneSouthpointe Golf Club, Southpointe, Pennsylvania, May 25, 2016
- Presentation: What You Can Do if the Washington County Property Reassessment Raises Your Taxes, by James H. McCuneWashington Country Club, Washington, Pennsylvania, May 11, 2016
- James speaks about the Washington County (PA) real estate tax reassessment to civic and business organizations.
- Presentation: What You Can Do if the Washington County Property Reassessment Raises Your Taxes, by James H. McCuneSouthpointe CEO Association, February 24, 2016
- James is a frequent presenter on oil and gas-related topics.
Articles & Alerts
- Observer-Reporter | Washington County, May 23, 2016
- Observer-Reporter | Washington County, February 18, 2016
- Observer-Reporter | Washington County, January 19, 2016
- Oil & Gas Alert, May 9, 2014
- American Bar Association
- Pennsylvania Bar Association
- Washington County (PA) Bar Association (President of the Energy Law Section, 2014–present; President, 1994)
- Washington County Bar Foundation (Trustee; Chairman, 2010–2015)
- Washington County Community Foundation, Inc. (Trustee and Founding Chairman)
- Trinity High School and Washington & Jefferson College Mock Trial Teams (Coach)