Chambers USA Recognizes Bowles Rice as “Top Ranked”: 2013
The newly released 2013 edition of Chambers USA: America's Leading Lawyers for Business recognizes Bowles Rice as "Top Ranked" in each of the five areas of law evaluated by the publication's researchers in West Virginia: corporate/commercial law; labor and employment law; commercial litigation; natural resources law; and real estate law.
"This fine team garners universal praise for its depth of experience and resources, thus maintaining its position among the front runners of the West Virginia market," Chambers editors said of Bowles Rice. "This well-resourced, full-service firm is highly recommended…"
Among Bowles Rice's "Top-Ranked" areas, Chambers noted the firm's efforts with regard to litigation, "The firm's substantial litigation team continues to thrive and in concert with other teams, the litigators tackle a diverse range of matters, including mass torts, class actions, property disputes and product liability in sectors such as oil and gas, banking, insurance and construction."
In addition to recognizing Bowles Rice as "Top Ranked" in all five areas of law, Chambers editors also identified 21 Bowles Rice lawyers as "Leaders in their Field." They are:
- Carl D. Andrews, Charleston, Real Estate Law;
- Michael E. Caryl, Martinsburg, Corporate/Commercial Law - Tax;
- Julia A. Chincheck, Charleston, Corporate/Commercial Law - Banking & Finance;
- Mark H. Dellinger, Charleston, Labor & Employment Law;
- F. Thomas Graff, Jr., Charleston, Corporate/Commercial Law and Natural Resources Law;
- Thomas A. Heywood, Charleston, Corporate/Commercial Law and Corporate/Commercial Law - Healthcare;
- Robert S. Kiss, Charleston, Corporate/Commercial Law - Tax;
- Leonard B. Knee, Charleston, Natural Resources Law - Environment;
- J. Thomas Lane, Charleston, Natural Resources Law;
- Charles M. Love III, Charleston, Litigation - General Commercial and Litigation - Mass Tort;
- Stephen M. Mathias, Martinsburg, Real Estate Law;
- Ellen Maxwell-Hoffman, Charleston, Corporate/Commercial Law;
- Marc A. Monteleone, Charleston, Corporate/Commercial Law - Tax;
- John S. Moore, Charleston, Corporate/Commercial Law - Healthcare;
- Sandra M. Murphy, Charleston, Corporate/Commercial Law - Banking & Finance;
- George A. Patterson, III, Charleston, Natural Resources Law;
- Brian Peterson, Martinsburg, Labor & Employment Law;
- Charles F. Printz, Martinsburg, Litigation - General Commercial;
- Camden P. Siegrist, Charleston, Corporate/Commercial Law - Banking & Finance;
- Gerard R. Stowers, Charleston, Litigation - General Commercial; and
- Seth Wilson, Morgantown, Natural Resources Law
Chambers and Partners, based in the United Kingdom, has published directories of the legal profession for more than 20 years, including Chambers USA, Chambers Global, Chambers Europe and Chambers Latin America. Chambers researchers interview thousands of lawyers and clients around the world to identify those who perform best, according to the criteria most valued by clients.
Bowles Rice is a regional law firm with more than 135 attorneys and eight regional offices located in Charleston, Martinsburg, Morgantown, Moundsville and Parkersburg, West Virginia; Southpointe, Pennsylvania; Lexington, Kentucky; and Winchester, Virginia