Bowles Rice Ranked in 2014 “Best Law Firms”
Bowles Rice LLP has been ranked in the 2014 "Best Law Firms" list by U.S. News & World Report and Best Lawyers® regionally in 48 practice areas.
Bowles Rice was recognized as a Tier 1 firm in 33 different areas of law across the Charleston and Morgantown, West Virginia, and Lexington, Kentucky metropolitan areas. A full list of the firm's recognized practice areas is included below.
Firms included in the 2014 "Best Law Firms" list are recognized for professional excellence with persistently impressive ratings from clients and peers.
The 2014 edition of "Best Law Firms" includes rankings in 120 metropolitan-based practice areas. The magazine's publishers included Parkersburg, West Virginia, in the Charleston metro area and Martinsburg, West Virginia, in the Morgantown-area rankings. Bowles Rice has offices in each of those cities.
The U.S. News – Best Lawyers "Best Law Firms" rankings, for the fourth consecutive year, are based on a rigorous evaluation process that includes the collection of client and lawyer evaluations, peer review from leading attorneys in their field and review of additional information provided by law firms as part of the formal submission process. Clients and peers were asked to evaluate firms based on the following criteria: responsiveness, understanding of a business and its needs, cost-effectiveness, integrity and civility, as well as whether they would refer a matter to the firm and/or consider the firm a worthy competitor.
Bowles Rice is a regional, full-service law firm with more than 135 attorneys and eight offices, located in Charleston, Martinsburg, Morgantown, Moundsville and Parkersburg, West Virginia; Southpointe, Pennsylvania; Lexington, Kentucky; and Winchester, Virginia.
Metropolitan Tier 1Charleston
- Administrative/Regulatory Law;
- Banking and Finance Law;
- Bankruptcy and Creditor Debtor Rights/Insolvency and Reorganization Law;
- Commercial Litigation;
- Corporate Governance Law;
- Corporate Law;
- Education Law;
- Employee Benefits (ERISA) Law;
- Employment Law - Management;
- Energy Law;
- Ethics and Professional Responsibility Law;
- Financial Services Regulation Law;
- Government Relations Practice;
- Health Care Law;
- International Arbitration - Commercial;
- Litigation - Bankruptcy;
- Litigation - Construction;
- Litigation - Environmental;
- Litigation - Real Estate;
- Litigation - Trusts & Estates;
- Mass Tort Litigation/Class Actions - Defendants;
- Mergers & Acquisitions Law; Mining Law;
- Natural Resources Law;
- Oil & Gas Law;
- Personal Injury Litigation - Defendants;
- Public Finance Law;
- Real Estate Law;
- Tax Lax;
- Trusts & Estates Law; and
- Workers' Compensation Law - Employers.
- Commercial Litigation
- Corporate Governance Law
- Corporate Law
- Litigation - Antitrust
- Litigation - Tax
- Litigation - Trusts & Estates
- Natural Resources Law
- Real Estate Law
- Trusts & Estates Law
- Employment Law - Management
- Litigation - Construction