F: (304) 264-4210
J.D., West Virginia University College of Law (2019)
B.S.B.A., summa cum laude, Accounting, West Virginia University College of Business and Economics (2016)
- Member, Beta Gamma Sigma (Top 10% of Class)
- Supreme Court of Appeals of West Virginia
- U.S. District Courts for the Northern and Southern Districts of West Virginia
Shannon P. George is an associate in the firm's Martinsburg, West Virginia office. A former summer clerk at Bowles Rice, she has experience assisting attorneys across the firm on a wide variety of matters. Since joining the firm in 2019, she has continued in this supporting role, working primarily in the area of real estate law.
Shannon’s real estate experience includes commercial settlements, title work for commercial and residential deals, contract review and preparation, and closings.
Shannon earned her law degree from the West Virginia University College of Law, where she served as a Class of 2019 officer for the college's Ethics Council; a student attorney for the WVU Law Veterans Advocacy Clinic; and as a member of the Student Government Association Judicial Board. She was named a Dean's Fellow of the College of Law's Academic Excellence Center.
Shannon received her Bachelor of Science in Business Administration in accounting, summa cum laude, from the West Virginia University College of Business and Economics. During her undergraduate studies, Shannon served as a deputy assessor for the Hardy County Assessor's Office.
- Leadership Council on Legal Diversity (LCLD) Pathfinder, Class of 2022
- Graduate of Leadership Berkeley, Class of 2021, Martinsburg-Berkeley County Chamber of Commerce
- Recognized by The Best Lawyers In America: Ones to Watch (2024 Edition)
- Recipient of CALI Award (recognition for achieving the highest grade in a particular subject) at West Virginia University College of Law:
- Legal Analysis, Research and Writing
- August 24, 2023
- October 30, 2019
Presentations & Events
- Presentation: WE Mean Business – Opportunities in West Virginia for Women Executives and Entrepreneurs by Emily R. Lambright and Shannon P. CombsWest Virginia Society of Certified Public AccountantsWebinar, June 17, 2020