Legal Office Manager - Martinsburg, West Virginia
If you are an office manager with previous experience working for a law firm, we have the job for you. Bowles Rice LLP is seeking a service-minded, mission driven office manager to work in its Martinsburg office.
The successful office manager is an energetic professional who does not mind wearing multiple hats. Experienced in handling a wide range of administrative duties and executive support-related tasks and able to work independently with little or no supervision. Well organized, flexible, and enjoys the administrative challenges of supporting an office of diverse people. The office manager supports the administrative functions of the office, including human resources, marketing, building management and contracts, overflow secretarial work and technology support. This position is responsible for:
- Overseeing daily office operations.
- Approving leave requests and timesheets for staff.
- Supervising office staff.
- Providing basic technology support as needed.
- Maintaining and renewing building management contracts (i.e., cleaning service, fire alarms, etc.)
- Maintaining and providing upon requests certain insurance documents for the office.
- Performing monthly reconciliations for 12 office bank accounts.
- Identifying and assisting with coordination of community service activities for the office.
- Facilitating and supporting employee relations within the office.
- Maintaining absolute confidentiality of all data and personnel information.
- Providing clerical support and performing other duties as assigned.
- Responsible for the office’s Social Committee.
A minimum of ten years of relevant experience is required, along with a solid work ethic, attention to detail and accuracy, and ability to follow directions and consistently produce error-free, high quality work product. Must have excellent interpersonal skills and possess a high capacity to prioritize, manage simultaneous tasks, and meet strict deadlines within a flexible environment and be highly articulate with polished verbal communication and writing skills. Job offers contingent upon passing all required background checks, including criminal and credit.
Bowles Rice, which recently celebrated its 100th anniversary, offers a competitive salary, an excellent benefits package that includes health, vision and dental insurance, disability and life insurance, and a very generous retirement plan, and much more. We also offer a professional work environment where your contributions are valued and appreciated. We are a large, regional, full-service law firm with six offices located throughout West Virginia, Pennsylvania, and Virginia, yet we maintain that small office camaraderie.
Bowles Rice promises a collegial office setting with highly functioning teams. Our culture is what sets us apart from our competition. If you are looking for a fulfilling career opportunity, then look no further as this is the firm for you.
Applicants should e-mail cover letter, résumé, and references to the Human Resources Department at: HRdepartment@bowlesrice.com. All submissions are held in confidence. Qualified candidates will be contacted.
For more information, visit our website at www.bowlesrice.com.
An Equal Opportunity Employer.