F: (304) 347-1756
- Law Clerk, The Honorable Stephanie D. Thacker of the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit. (2017-2018)
- Law Clerk, The Honorable Frank W. Volk of the U.S. District Court for the Southern District of West Virginia. (2019-2020)
J.D., West Virginia University College of Law (2017)
B.A., History, Wake Forest University (2014)
- Supreme Court of Appeals of West Virginia
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of West Virginia
Will Lorensen is an associate in the Bowles Rice Litigation Department. He practices in the firm’s Charleston, West Virginia office and has represented clients in the construction, oil and gas, telecommunications, financial services, insurance, and medical industries.
In addition to his experience at Bowles Rice, Will served as a law clerk to the Honorable Stephanie D. Thacker at the Fourth Circuit Court of Appeals and the Honorable Frank W. Volk at the Southern District of West Virginia. Will also served as a staff attorney for the West Virginia House of Delegates Judiciary Committee, drafting and explaining legislation on behalf of the committee.
Will has secured favorable settlements and decisions for his clients in both state and federal court. He has experience drafting and arguing motions, conducting depositions, enforcing judgments, and handling complex discovery matters. Will drafted a successful appeal to the Fourth Circuit, securing a right to redress for his client in a trespass suit.
Will earned his law degree from the West Virginia University College of Law, where he was an editor and published author of the West Virginia Law Review and earned distinctions in Trial and Appellate Advocacy courses. He earned his bachelor’s degree in history at Wake Forest University.
- September 7, 2018