F: (304) 343-2867
J.D., West Virginia University College of Law (1995)
M.B.A., West Virginia University (1995)
B.S., West Virginia University (1991)
- Supreme Court of Appeals of West Virginia
- U.S. District Courts for the Northern and Southern Districts of West Virginia
An attorney with more than 20 years of experience, Scott Barnette focuses his practice on construction law and real estate matters.
Scott's construction-related work involves contract review and preparation, practical project planning and management, and general representation of clients through every phase of a construction project. In addition to his legal work, Scott has two decades of experience as a licensed general contractor, which gives him a unique perspective when representing clients in the construction industry.
Prior to joining Bowles Rice, Scott served as general counsel to the West Virginia Military Authority, where he frequently managed a variety of construction issues, including contract negotiations, disputes and resolutions. He has also worked as a real estate broker and a certified general real estate appraiser.
Scott serves as a member of the MBA Advisory Board to the West Virginia University College of Business and Economics. He also teaches organizational leadership as an adjunct professor at the University of Charleston.
- West Virginia Certified General Real Estate Appraiser
- West Virginia Real Estate Broker
- MBA Advisory Board, West Virginia University College of Business and Economics
- Lean Six Sigma Black Belt
- Adjunct Professor, University of Charleston (2012-present)
- General Counsel, West Virginia Military Authority (2009-2013)
- January 2, 2019
- December 3, 2013