J.D., Ohio Northern University College of Law (2012)
B.A., Presbyterian College (2009)
- Supreme Court of Appeals of West Virginia
- Supreme Court of Pennsylvania
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of West Virginia
Andy Schlimmer focuses his practice in the areas of commercial and residential real estate development, energy, and oil and natural gas law. He is admitted to practice in Pennsylvania and West Virginia, and primarily spends his time in the firm’s Southpointe, Pennsylvania office.
Andy’s real estate development practice involves facilitating transactions on behalf of commercial and residential developers. His work routinely encompasses all aspects of land acquisition, land use, and curative title work. Andy’s clients include developers partnering with Fortune 500 companies in land acquisition and development, both regionally and nationally. He is also an agent for Fidelity National Title Insurance Company, Chicago Title Insurance Company, and Stewart Title Guaranty.
Along with advising real estate clients, Andy has extensive experience assisting top oil and natural gas producers in the Marcellus Shale region through all stages of mineral development. He is well positioned to handle complex transactions, mineral leases, due diligence, and large title projects on behalf of oil and natural gas clients.
Additionally, Andy has successfully advised clients in the land acquisition phase of solar power development in Pennsylvania.
Andy is a member of the Energy and Mineral Law Foundation, the Washington County Bar Association, and is a former Board member of Generation West Virginia.
- Legal Clerk for Citizen Advocacy Center; Elmhurst, Illinois (2013)
- Law Clerk/Certified Legal Intern, County Attorney’s Office; Davidson County, North Carolina (2010-2011)
Presentations & Events
- Presentation: Legal Descriptions, Title Insurance and Surveys in Real Estate Transactions – Unearth Hidden Issues and Put Them to Rest by Andy Schlimmer and Kerrianne DonovanNational Business InstituteLive Online Seminar, December 3, 2020
- Energy and Mineral Law Foundation
- Washington County (PA) Bar Association
- Allegheny County Bar Association Basketball League
- Former Fellowship/Networking Chair Generation Mid-Ohio Valley
- Former Board Member, Generation West Virginia