F: (304) 420-5587
J.D., Thomas Goode Jones School of Law (2010)
- President, American Constitutional Society
B.A., International Political Economy, Fordham University (2005)
- Supreme Court of Appeals of West Virginia
- U.S. District Courts for the Northern and Southern Districts of West Virginia
John "Chuck" Hudson is a partner in the firm's Parkersburg, West Virginia office. His diverse practice includes the areas of energy law, estate and trust planning and administration, and industrial hemp and medical cannabis. Chuck's experience also includes real estate law and insurance, business and construction litigation.
Across his areas of practice, Chuck regularly handles matters with regard to the drafting and interpretation of contracts, operating agreements, deeds and leases. In his energy practice, Chuck frequently conducts title work/opinions concerning oil and gas interests in West Virginia, including the Marcellus and Utica Shale plays.
Chuck's estate and trust planning and administration work includes counseling clients on living trusts, advance directives and insurance policy beneficiary designations. He also counsels clients on any related income, gift and estate taxation.
As a member of the firm's Industrial Hemp and Medical Cannabis team, Chuck advises clients on the myriad regulatory and compliance issues related to exploring or growing a business in these ever-evolving industries.
- Member, Bowles Rice Recruiting Committee
- Leadership West Virginia, Class of 2015
- Main Street Parkersburg – Board Member of the Year (2018)
- January 2, 2019
- March 10, 2015
- January 27, 2015
- January 22, 2013
Views & Visions
- Oil & Gas: Powering Our Future!Spring 2011
- Mid-Ohio Valley Estate Planning Council
- Wood County Bar Association (Former President)
- Board of Directors, Downtown PKB
- Member, Downtown PKB Finance Committee
- Generation Mid-Ohio Valley (Community Chair)
- Boy Scouts of America