F: (304) 267-3822
LL.M., The Judge Advocate General's Legal Center and School, Charlottesville, Virginia (2008)
J.D., West Virginia University College of Law (2004)
B.S., Business Management, West Virginia University College of Business and Economics (1996)
Rotary International Exchange Student, Randers, Denmark (1991)
- Court of Appeals of Maryland
- Supreme Court of Appeals of West Virginia
Christopher Cox is a versatile lawyer and mediator with a broad range of experience. Admitted to practice in West Virginia and Maryland, Chris works in the firm's Martinsburg, West Virginia office.
Chris has nearly two decades of experience in providing practical legal advice, representation, and training to government entities, small businesses, and/or individuals. As a member of the firm's Tax Team, Chris works primarily in the areas of business law and estate planning and administration. Within these practice areas, Chris advises on contract preparation and review; entity planning and corporate governance; business succession; land use and preservation; acquisitions and sales; and estates and trusts.
Chris is a retired veteran of the United States Army. During his 20-year military career, he served in a variety of roles – General Counsel, Administrative Law Attorney, Rule of Law Attorney, Ethics Counselor, Prosecutor, and Litigation Attorney. Within those roles, Chris provided legal advice, counsel, and support on matters involving Army policies and procedures; international and operational law as applied in parts of Europe, Africa, and the Middle East; special operations and counterterrorism; civilian employment; criminal law; ethics; and investigations.
- 2022 Civilian Service Commendation Medal – U.S. Army
- 2021 Citizen of the Year – Jefferson County Chamber of Commerce
- U.S. Army awards include the Legion of Merit and Bronze Star, among others
- Rotary Club of Charles Town – Past President; Foreign Exchange Officer; and Rotary District Innovative Club Advocate
- Friends of Happy Retreat – Board member
- Charles Town Board of Zoning Appeals – Member
- Washington High School Scholarship Committee – Member
- Leadership Jefferson Class XII – Graduate
- Leadership Berkeley Class of 2019 – Graduate