F: (724) 514-8954
J.D., magna cum laude, Case Western Reserve University School of Law (1988)
B.A., Washington and Jefferson College (1985)
- Ohio Supreme Court
- Supreme Court of Pennsylvania
- Supreme Court of the United States
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Ohio
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Pennsylvania
An experienced construction industry advisor and litigator, attorney Brad Mellor has worked closely with contractors, owners, design professionals and others to prevent and resolve construction disputes. He has served as a mediator and arbitrator on a variety of construction and design issues, working to help parties effectively resolve their disputes.
Brad is an arbitrator on the American Arbitration Association's Construction Mega Project Panel. He also handles industry mediations, both privately and through the U.S. District Court for the Western District of Pennsylvania.
In addition to his dispute resolution work, Brad advises clients through every phase of a construction project, from conceptual design and planning to project closeout and warranty claims. He has worked on numerous projects ranging from major industrial and utility jobs to highway and bridge work, commercial buildings, schools, hospitals and residential construction. Brad has also assisted clients in a variety of real estate development issues. He has worked on projects, contracts and disputes in more than 20 states, Canada and Puerto Rico.
Brad joined Bowles Rice in June 2018, bringing 30 years of experience to the firm’s Construction Law Team. He is admitted to practice in Pennsylvania and Ohio, and works from the firm’s Southpointe, Pennsylvania office.
- Leader, Bowles Rice Construction Law Team
Presentations & Events
- Presentation: Negotiating Damages in Construction Disputes by K. Bradley MellorConstruction Law: Advanced Issues and Answers | National Business Institute CLE SeminarCrowne Plaza Pittsburgh South, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, March 5, 2020
- Presentation: Ethics for Construction Attorneys by K. Bradley MellorConstruction Law: Advanced Issues and Answers | National Business Institute CLE SeminarCrowne Plaza Pittsburgh South, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, March 5, 2020
Views & Visions
- Allegheny County Bar Association
- Construction Law Section
- Pennsylvania Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- Forum on the Construction Industry
- Fidelity and Surety Law Committee
- Arbitrator, American Arbitration Association's Construction Mega Project Panel