F: (724) 514-8954
J.D., cum laude, Duquesne University School of Law, 2001
- Associate Recent Decision Editor, Duquesne Law Review
B.A., magna cum laude, Washington & Jefferson College, 1997
- Phi Beta Kappa
Certification, Blockchain for Business, Cornell University, 2019
- Ohio Supreme Court
- Supreme Court of Appeals of West Virginia
- Supreme Court of Pennsylvania
- Supreme Court of the United States
- U.S. Bankruptcy Courts for the Eastern, Middle and Western Districts of Pennsylvania
- U.S. Bankruptcy Courts for the Northern and Southern Districts of West Virginia
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Third District
- U.S. District Courts for the Eastern, Middle and Western Districts of Pennsylvania
- U.S. District Courts for the Northern and Southern Districts of West Virginia
April Morgan Hincy is a multifaceted attorney with experience in a wide range of practice areas, including labor and employment, health care, business litigation, real estate, oil and gas, banking and financial services, construction and more. Admitted to practice in Pennsylvania and West Virginia, she works from the firm's Southpointe office.
April is a member of the firm's Labor and Employment team. She develops employment policies and procedures and works with clients to draft customized employee handbooks. April also advises clients on compliance with a multitude of federal, state and local workplace laws affecting employee rights, benefits and workplace safety, including but not limited to:
- Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC)
- Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA)
- Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
- Title VII of the Civil Rights Act
- Equal Pay Act (EPA)
- Age Discrimination in Employment Act (ADEA)
- Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA)
In addition to her labor and employment work, April is well versed in health care law. Her work in this practice area includes advising hospital and physician clients on fraud and abuse, Stark law, false claims and HIPAA compliance. She also has significant experience in defending medical malpractice cases.
April regularly handles real estate transactions, advises on regulatory compliance and negotiates leases and supply contracts. She maintains a robust commercial litigation practice that covers a broad range of areas, including business disputes, contested foreclosures, class actions, products liability, mass tort, professional liability and insurance coverage. For more, see her Representative Matters listed below:
- Served as counsel for nationwide financial institutions and servicers in lender liability, contested foreclosures and bankruptcy litigation.
- Served as counsel in class actions involving medical records, electronic funds transfer, consumer finance, antitrust, insurance coverage and toxic tort litigation.
- Represented secured and unsecured Creditors in Chapter 7, Chapter 11 and Chapter 13 bankruptcy cases.
- Served as counsel in litigation involving oil and gas, coal and timber rights, including Marcellus Shale.
- Counseled and litigated in the areas of corporate governance, fiduciary duty, mortgage-backed securitizations, real estate, leasing, consumer finance, fair credit reporting, professional liability defense, risk allocation and loss prevention, collections and workouts, wage and restrictive covenants, trademark, advertising and FTC compliance, construction and transportation.
- Defended contractors, engineers and architects in construction and professional liability claims.
- Completed West Virginia State Bar Mediation Training Program
- Pennsylvania Super Lawyers – Rising Star
- Graduate of the Coro Center for Civil Leadership's Women in Leadership XII program, a collaborative project among the Executive Women's Council, Duquesne University's Non-Profit Leadership Institute and the Coro Center for Civic Leadership (2009)
- December 10, 2021
Presentations & Events
- Presentation: COVID-19 Unmasked! Discussion of Challenges Facing Employers in Return to Work by Jennifer B. Hagedorn and April Morgan HincyWest Virginia Medical Group Management Association | 2022 Spring ConferenceWebinar, May 19, 2022
Articles & Alerts
- Allegheny County Bar Association
- Washington County Bar Association
- Pennsylvania Bar Association
- West Virginia Bar Association
- Susan G. Komen Center for Public Policy, Advocacy Ambassador
- Alzheimer's Association, Greater Pennsylvania Chapter, Board of Directors
- Washington Area Humane Association, Board of Directors
- Washington and Jefferson College, Alumni Mentor