F: (304) 343-3058
J.D., West Virginia University College of Law (2017)
B.A., magna cum laude, International Studies, West Virginia University (2014)
- Supreme Court of Appeals of West Virginia
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of West Virginia
Alexandra M. Shulz is an attorney in the Charleston office of Bowles Rice, where she concentrates her practice in the areas of commercial and financial law. She has experience in public finance, commercial lending, contract negotiation, creditors’ rights and bankruptcy. Alexandra also has experience in the areas of employee benefits and qualified retirement plans, estate and gift tax planning, and tax-exempt organizations and nonprofit law.
As a member of the firm’s Municipal Bonds and Public Finance practice group, Alexandra has been involved in the firm’s bond practice, serving as bond counsel in several public finance matters, including general obligation bonds and lease-purchase financings.
Alexandra is also a member of the firm’s Broadband team and serves as legal counsel to the West Virginia Broadband Enhancement Council, a state organization dedicated to enhancing broadband internet access and economic opportunity across the state.
- Recipient of CALI Awards (recognition for achieving the highest grade in a particular subject) at West Virginia University College of Law:
- Legal Analysis/Research/Writing 1 & 2
Articles & Alerts
- A Win for Lenders: Fourth Circuit Allows Claim for Post-Petition Attorney Fees in Bankruptcy Case by Julia A. Chincheck and Alexandra M. ShulzThe Community Banker, Quarter 1, 2019
- Bowles Rice e-Alerts, April 19, 2019
- Bowles Rice e-Alert, March 26, 2019
- Bowles Rice e-Alert, February 12, 2019
Views & Visions
- Summer 2019