More than 121,000 separate parcels of real property in Washington County, Pennsylvania are currently the subject of a court-ordered real estate tax assessment, which will become effective in 2017. Bowles Rice has a team of attorneys ready to help commercial and industrial landowners.
Need Help with an Appeal?
The deadline for filing an appeal for the new tax assessments was August 10, 2016. Many commercial and industrial landowners filed the appeal themselves, and now are not sure what to do next. We can help. We can analyze your new tax assessment and recommend a course of action. If litigation is necessary, we will handle your case in court aggressively.
Commercial and industrial tax assessment appeals can be complex, and the stakes can be high. It is important to be represented by experienced, capable legal counsel.
James H. McCune leads the Washington County Property Tax Appeal Team at Bowles Rice. Jim is a lifelong resident of Washington County, a former Washington County Solicitor and a former solicitor for the Washington County Tax Revenue Department. He has represented many owners of commercial and industrial properties in tax assessment appeal litigation.
To find out more, contact Jim McCune or any member of the Bowles Rice Washington County Property Tax Appeal Team.
Read Jim McCune’s articles, as published in the Washington County Observer Reporter:
Click here to see a copy of a brochure about the Bowles Rice Property Tax Appeal Team.
Presentations & Events
- Presentation: What You Can Do if the Washington County Property Reassessment Raises Your Taxes, by James H. McCuneSouthpointe Golf Club, Southpointe, Pennsylvania, May 25, 2016
- Presentation: What You Can Do if the Washington County Property Reassessment Raises Your Taxes, by James H. McCuneWashington Country Club, Washington, Pennsylvania, May 11, 2016
- Presentation: What You Can Do if the Washington County Property Reassessment Raises Your Taxes, by James H. McCuneSouthpointe CEO Association, February 24, 2016
Articles & Alerts
- Observer-Reporter | Washington County, May 23, 2016
- Observer-Reporter | Washington County, February 18, 2016
- Observer-Reporter | Washington County, January 19, 2016