F: (304) 347-1746
J.D., West Virginia University College of Law (2017)
B.A., cum laude, International Studies, West Virginia University (2014)
- Supreme Court of Appeals of West Virginia
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of West Virginia
Unaiza Riaz is an associate practicing in the firm’s Charleston, West Virginia office. She concentrates her work in mass litigation, along with employment and construction matters.
Unaiza earned her law degree from the West Virginia University College of Law in 2017, where she worked as a teaching assistant in Legal Research and Writing, participated in the school’s General Law Clinic and received honors in Refugee and Asylum Law. In 2014, she received her bachelor’s degree, cum laude, in international studies with a minor in environmental economics from West Virginia University's Honors College. She studied abroad in Paderno del Grappa, Italy, during the summer of 2011 as part of the Consortium of Universities for International Studies program.
A native of Charleston, Unaiza is fluent in Urdu and possesses limited proficiency in Arabic and French.
- Recipient of CALI Awards (recognition for achieving the highest grade in a particular subject) at West Virginia University College of Law:
- Refugee and Asylum Law
- April 30, 2018
Articles & Alerts
- Defense Trial Counsel of West Virginia Newsletter, Fall 2017
- Member, Defense Trial Counsel of West Virginia
- Member, West Virginia Women Attorneys