F: (304) 347-1746
- Law Clerk to The Honorable David R. Janes, Marion County Circuit Court (2012-2014)
J.D., West Virginia University College of Law (2012)
- President, Real Estate Law Society
- Phi Alpha Delta
B.A., magna cum laude, Criminal Justice, West Virginia Wesleyan College (2008)
- West Virginia Wesleyan College Presidential Scholarship
- Supreme Court of Appeals of West Virginia
- Michigan Supreme Court
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Michigan
Tiffany VanderKolk concentrates her practice in civil litigation, with an emphasis on cases involving deliberate intent and employment law claims.
One of her most recent achievements includes winning summary judgment in defense of a deliberate intent claim brought against a construction company.
Beyond defending employers against claims arising from workplace injuries, Tiffany also regularly litigates and counsels employers on a wide range of employment law issues. She has significant experience defending employers against claims arising under Title VII, the ADEA, the ADA and the West Virginia Human Rights Act, as well as claims alleging wrongful discharge, workers’ compensation retaliation and violations of the West Virginia Wage Payment and Collection Act.
Prior to joining Bowles Rice, she served as a judicial law clerk to the Honorable David R. Janes of the Marion County Circuit Court in Fairmont, West Virginia. Her experience also includes working as a student attorney with the West Virginia University College of Law Entrepreneurship and Innovation Law Clinic.
Tiffany earned her law degree from the West Virginia University College of Law in 2012, where she was president of the Real Estate Law Society. She was also a member of Phi Alpha Delta. She was the recipient of several CALI Awards, given to the highest scoring student in each class.
- Student Attorney, West Virginia University College of Law Entrepreneurship and Innovation Law Clinic (2011-2012)
- Research Assistant to Dean Joyce McConnell, West Virginia University College of Law, (2011-2012)
- Law Clerk, Law Office of Harry P. Montoro, PLLC (2010, 2011)
- West Virginia University College of Law
- Recipient of CALI Awards (recognition for achieving the highest grade in a particular subject):
- Consumer Protection;
- Entrepreneurship Law Clinic; and
- Pretrial Litigation
- West Virginia Wesleyan College
- Outstanding Senior Criminal Justice Major
- October 15, 2014
Articles & Alerts
- "Are all Employers Created Equal? Setoff Shenanigans for Special Employers in Deliberate Intent Cases," by Ronda L. Harvey, Ashley Hardesty Odell and Tiffany R. VanderKolkWest Virginia Defense Trial Counsel Notebook of Articles, 2016
- American Bar Association
- Defense Trial Counsel of West Virginia