F: (304) 343-3058
J.D., Yale University Law School (1979)
B.A., summa cum laude, West Virginia University (1975)
- Phi Beta Kappa
- Supreme Court of Appeals of West Virginia
- U.S. District Courts for the Northern and Southern Districts of West Virginia
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit
Since beginning his legal career in 1979, Roger Hunter has worked extensively in matters involving the capital markets and financial institutions, including large financings, bond issues, securities offerings and mergers and acquisitions. His work has involved both domestic and international companies and transactions.
Currently, Roger's primary practice areas include corporate and business law, public finance and municipal bonds, mergers and acquisitions, energy transactions, and securities and SEC matters.
- Board of Trustees Member, West Virginia Investment Management Board
- Member of the Board, West Virginia Trust Fund, Inc. (1996-1997)
- General Counsel to The Greenbrier®, James C. Justice Companies, Inc., and affiliates (2011-2014)
- December 4, 2014
Presentations & Events
- Presentation: Coming Up Short – When the Excess Levy Does Not Raise What the Voters Approved, by Roger Hunter and Tom PearcyWV Association of School Business OfficialsCanaan Valley Resort State Park, Davis, West Virginia, October 13, 2016
- Presentation: Enhancing Available Funds – Bond Issues, Lease/Purchase, QZAB’s, Special Levies and Other Avenues to Enhance the School District’s Financial Resources, by Cam Siegrist, Roger Hunter and Tom PearcyWV Association of School Business OfficialsCanaan Valley Resort State Park, Davis, West Virginia, October 13, 2016
Articles & Alerts
- "The Law of Eminent Domain," contributing author Roger D. HunterChapter on West Virginia LawAmerican Bar Association - Condemnation, Zoning & Land Use Committee, 2012
American Bar Association
Association of Corporate Counsel
West Virginia State Bar (Chairman of the Corporation, Banking and Business Law Committee, 1994-1997; Chairman, Administrative Law Section, 1981-1982)
Roger has been active in a variety of community service projects and has served on a number of non-profit corporation boards of directors.