F: (304) 420-5587
J.D., Georgetown University (1976)
- Student Editorial Staff, Tax Lawyer Journal
B.A., summa cum laude, Bethany College (1973)
- Gamma Sigma Kappa Academic Fraternity
- Phi Alpha Theta History Fraternity
- Omicron Delta Epsilon Economics Fraternity
- Chapman Prize in History
- Supreme Court of the United States
- Supreme Court of Appeals of West Virginia
- U.S. District Courts for the Northern and Southern Districts of West Virginia
- U.S. Tax Court
Richard Hudson concentrates his practice in corporate, health care and estate planning law. Rick, also a certified public accountant, has a multifaceted practice, which allows him to serve a variety of clients, from physicians and hospitals to individuals and corporations.
Rick has extensive experience in the negotiation of purchase and sale transactions involving hospitals and hospital-related entities, and the representation of physician groups and management services organizations. He is also skilled to assist with mergers and acquisitions, compliance plans, HIPAA, physician contracts, Stark and anti-kickback analysis and certificate of need and licensing issues.
On the corporate side, Rick’s estate planning practice includes the preparation of tax sensitive wills, revocable living trusts, irrevocable family trusts, charitable trusts and family limited partnerships. He handles complex corporate transactions, as well as the general representation of business entities.
Rick represents businesses before the Internal Revenue Service, the West Virginia Department of Tax and Revenue, the West Virginia Office of Tax Appeals and the United States Tax Court.
- Former President, West Virginia Society of Certified Public Accountants (2012-2013)
Presentations & Events
- Rick frequently speaks on various tax and estate planning topics.
Articles & Alerts
- How Will New Federal Tax Laws Impact You or Your Business? Bowles Rice Breaks it Down.January 8, 2018
Views & Visions
- Opportunity and Prosperity in the Mid-Ohio ValleySpring 2008
- American Bar Association
- Wood County Bar Association
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- American Association of Attorney-Certified Public Accountants
- West Virginia Society of CPAs
- West Virginia Board of Accountancy
- American Health Lawyers
- St. Thomas More Catholic Lawyers Society
- Mid-Ohio Valley Estate Planning Council
- West Virginia Tax Institute
- Parkersburg Area Community Foundation (Finance Committee)
- St. Margaret Mary Parish
- West Virginia Wing, Civil Air Patrol