F: (304) 420-5587
J.D., West Virginia University College of Law (2014)
- Dean's Fellow for Academic Excellence Center
- Student Attorney, West Virginia University College of Law General Legal Clinic
- Certified Magistrate Court Mediator
B.B.A., magna cum laude, Accounting and Finance, Marshall University (2011)
- Honors College Graduate
- Beta Alpha Psi, professional accounting and finance honors organization
- Beta Gamma Sigma, professional business honors fraternity
- Supreme Court of Appeals of West Virginia
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of West Virginia
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of West Virginia
Pamela Ferrell focuses her practice on labor and employment law, litigation, and regulatory matters. She combines her Bachelor of Business Administration Degree in Accounting and Finance with her legal expertise to provide employers with full service advice and representation regarding their employment law needs.
Pam helps employers develop workplace policies and practices that are compliant with state and federal law, and she has defended employers against claims of employment discrimination, workers’ compensation discrimination, wrongful discharge, and violations of the West Virginia Wage Payment and Collection Act, among others. She is experienced in pre-trial litigation and motions practice, including, but not limited to, removal, motions to dismiss, motions for summary judgment and motions in limine. Pam is experienced in taking and defending depositions.
In addition to handling employment law matters and litigation, Pam represents public utilities in regulatory matters before the Public Service Commission of West Virginia.
She earned her law degree from the West Virginia University College of Law in 2014, where she was the recipient of CALI Awards for legal research and writing, employment law, advanced legal research, and criminal procedure 1.
Pam is a member of the West Virginia State Bar. She is licensed to practice in West Virginia and before the United States District Court for the Northern and Southern Districts of West Virginia.
- Recipient of CALI Awards (recognition for achieving the highest grade in a particular subject) at West Virginia University College of Law:
- Advanced Legal Research
- Criminal Procedure I
- Employment Law
- Legal Research and Writing
- March 10, 2015
- October 15, 2014
Presentations & Events
- Presentation: Employment Law 101Glenville State College, June 29, 2016
Articles & Alerts
- Labor and Employment Legislative Summary, March 14, 2016
Views & Visions
- Wood County Bar Association
- Defense Trial Counsel of West Virginia
- Generation Mid-Ohio Valley (President)
- Wayside United Methodist (Youth Leader)