F: (304) 347-1746
J.D., summa cum laude, Charleston School of Law (2016)
Visiting Student, West Virginia University College of Law (Fall 2015)
B.S., magna cum laude, Psychology and Sociology, College of Charleston (2012)
- Supreme Court of Appeals of West Virginia
Lara Brandfass is an associate in the firm's Charleston, West Virginia office. She is a member of the Bowles Rice Litigation Team and focuses her practice in the area of general litigation.
A practicing attorney since 2016, Lara's experience includes assisting in depositions, pleadings, research, discovery and trial preparation; providing support on matters involving utility law litigation; researching and drafting memoranda on substantive and procedural issues; and preparing legal documents for foreclosure sales.
Lara is also a member of the firm's Government Relations Team. She served as counsel for the West Virginia House Judiciary Committee during the 2017 and 2018 legislative sessions.
Lara earned her law degree, summa cum laude, from the Charleston School of Law in South Carolina, where she became a member of the Charleston Law Review, board member and Chief Justice for the Moot Court Board and received honors in civil procedure, torts, media law, health care law and legal research, analysis and writing. She earned bachelor's degrees in both psychology and sociology, magna cum laude, at the College of Charleston in 2012, where she was a Humanities and Social Sciences Scholar.
- Per Diem Attorney for West Virginia House of Delegates Judiciary Committee (2017 and 2018)
- Member and Chief Justice, Charleston School of Law Moot Court Board
- Teaching Fellow, Charleston School of Law
- Member, Charleston Law Review
- LexisNexis Student Representative
- Recipient of CALI Awards (recognition for achieving the highest grade in a particular subject) at Charleston School of Law:
- Civil Procedure I
- Torts I
- Media Law
- Health Care Law
- Legal Research, Analysis & Writing
- May 8, 2018
- Member, Defense Research Institute
- Member, Women in Law Society