F: (304) 343-3058
J.D., West Virginia University College of Law (1973)
B.A., West Virginia University (1970)
- Supreme Court of Appeals of West Virginia
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of West Virginia
John Moore concentrates his practice on health care law. He brings more than 20 years’ experience in insurance, managed care and hospital and physician business matters.
John’s prior experience included 10 years in a major hospital system working with health care business issues – physician employment and compensation, acquisitions, practice management, fee analysis, fraud and abuse, IT and payor contract negotiations. He built and managed one of the largest physician Management Service Organizations (MSO) in the East.
John played key roles in managed care contracting, PHO and HMO implementation, system integration, market analysis and strategic planning. He has also taught insurance at the college level and has run TPA operations. He brings hands-on knowledge to hospital and physician groups who need both theoretical and practical solutions for their business.
Presentations & Events
- John frequently lectures hospital and physician audiences on a wide variety of health care law and business issues.
Views & Visions
- Prescriptions for Health CareFall 2009
- West Virginia Bar Association
- Kanawha County Bar Association
- Medical Group Management Association
- Health Finance Managers Association
- Sacred Heart Co-Cathedral Catholic Church (Lector)
- Boy Scouts of America (Team Captain)
- Center for Rural Health Development (Loan Committee)
- Read Aloud West Virginia
- West Virginia Multiple Sclerosis Society (Past Chairman)
- National Multiple Sclerosis Society (Past Secretary, All America Chapter)
- Goodwill Industries of Kanawha Valley (Past Chairman)
- Kanawha Pastoral Counseling Center (Past President)