F: (304) 347-1746
- Law Clerk, The Honorable Robert B. King, United States Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit (2011-2013)
- Law Clerk, The Honorable Irene C. Berger, United States District Court for the Southern District of West Virginia (2010-2011)
- Law Clerk, The Honorable John T. Copenhaver, Jr., United States District Court for the Southern District of West Virginia (2009-2010)
J.D., West Virginia University College of Law (2009)
- Editor-in-Chief, West Virginia Law Review
- Order of the Coif
B.A., Political Science, Wellesley College (2004)
- Supreme Court of Appeals of West Virginia
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of West Virginia
Gabriele Wohl is an experienced litigator who focuses her practice on business litigation and appeals, complex civil litigation and white collar defense. She practices from the firm's Charleston, West Virginia office.
Gabe is a member of the firm's Labor and Employment group. In this capacity, she has defended employers in deliberate intent claims; represented companies in contract disputes; co-authored articles on opioid addiction in the workplace and other work site issues; and presented to human resources professionals on workplace policies and procedures involving social media.
Before joining Bowles Rice, Gabe served as an Assistant United States Attorney for the Southern District of West Virginia. There, she gained first-chair experience in drug trafficking and public corruption trials and served as the office's District Elections Officer and Computer Hacking and Internet Prosecution Coordinator. At the U.S. Attorneys Office, she participated in complex white collar investigations and prosecutions involving a variety of federal offenses, including fraud, identity theft, worker safety violations and civil rights violations. She also provided civil rights training for the West Virginia State Police Academy.
From 2013 to 2014, Gabe served as Deputy General Counsel to former West Virginia Governor Earl Ray Tomblin, where she advised on legal and public policy matters, drafted legislation and assisted in emergency response efforts.
- Member of the Fourth Circuit Advisory Committee on Rules and Procedures
- Member of the Judicial Conference of the Fourth Circuit Court of Appeals
- Served as Deputy General Counsel to former West Virginia Governor Earl Ray Tomblin (2013-2014)
- Extra Mile Award, West Virginia Center for Children's Justice (2017)
- Award for Excellence, Council of Inspectors General on Integrity and Efficiency (2016)
- November 28, 2018
Presentations & Events
- Presentation: Drug Abuse or Disability: Are Employees Who Take Prescription Drugs in a Protected Class? by Gabriele WohlCharleston Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM) Chapter MeetingCharleston, West Virginia, August 14, 2019
- Presentation: What If You Don't "Like" an Employee's Social Media Content? by Ashley Hardesty Odell and Gabriele WohlWest Virginia Chamber of Commerce / 2019 HR ConferenceCharleston Marriott Town Center, Charleston, West Virginia, April 10, 2019
Articles & Alerts
- Employee Race, Ethnicity and Gender Information Now Required in Pay Data Reporting by Jennifer Hagedorn and Gabriele WohlJuly 18, 2019
- The Community Banker, Quarter 2 | 2019
- What If You Don't "Like" an Employee's Social Media Content? by Ashley Hardesty Odell and Gabriele WohlWest Virginia Chamber of Commerce, 2019 HR Conference Journal, Spring 2019
- Addiction in the Workplace: Employers’ Legal Obligations and Other Considerations When Confronting Employee Drug Habits by Ronda L. Harvey and Gabriele WohlThe Network of Trial Law FirmsLitigation Management CLE SuperCourse, Spring 2019
- Board Member, YWCA of Charleston
- Creator/Instructor, Project LIFT (Leadership, Intention, Fortitude, Teamwork)
- Mentor, Big Brothers Big Sisters