F: (304) 420-5587
J.D., Washington & Lee University School of Law
B.S., Business Administration, Accounting, West Virginia University
- Supreme Court of Appeals of West Virginia
Fred Earley II is the leader of the Bowles Rice Health Care Team with nearly 30 years of experience in the health care and insurance industries. His practice focuses on health care and government relations work for clients ranging from hospitals and health maintenance organizations to physicians and long-term care facilities.
He served as President of Highmark Blue Cross Blue Shield West Virginia from 2009 to 2016, with responsibility for all market-facing functions of the company, including sales and marketing, government and public relations and provider contracting and reimbursement. During his tenure as Highmark's President, he oversaw the transitional period during the implementation of the Affordable Care Act. Fred's career with Highmark first began in 1989, and included roles in compliance, operations, legal and administration.
Fred's unique perspective of the health care landscape combines practical experience and hands-on knowledge for providers who need both theoretical and practical solutions for their business.
- Recipient, Distinguished West Virginian Award
Presentations & Events
- Presentation: The Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act and Beyond, Implications for Employers in Choosing Health Care Benefit Plans, by J. Fred Earley, IIWest Virginia Chamber of Commerce Human Resources 2017 ConferenceMarriott Town Center Hotel, Charleston, West Virginia, April 25, 2017
Views & Visions
- West Virginia Bar Association
- Wood County Bar Association
- Highmark Blue Cross Blue Shield West Virginia (Board of Directors)
- West Virginia School of Osteopathic Medicine (Board of Governors)
- Boys & Girls Club Foundation (Board of Directors)
- Wood County Development Authority (Secretary, Past Chairman)
- Parkersburg Rotary Club (President)
- West Virginia Health Information Network (Board of Directors, Former Member)
- YMCA of Parkersburg (Board of Directors, Former Member)